Any article about a race between C32 and M3

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ShInGo]

Legacy Member
My godfather think of buying a C32, but I keep telling him the M3 is faster and look better, for the look, everyone has his opinion but for the speed part, anyone has seen a comparaison between the two of them. I'm talking about the 02 model for both.

If you know anything please let me know.

IMO, the c32 is a luxury car leaned towards performance and the m3 is a a luxury car based on grassroots racing

I really dont know but I'm guessing the new supercharged 3,2 v6 would be in the mid-high 13's
:dunno:

Well, i'm not interested in the 1/4 mile this is why I need an article where they compare both car on a circuit.

I had one but I dont remember who did it, it was either r&t, car and driver or motor rend............I dont remember, they said the amg is more of a everyday car thats sporty and that the m3 is a track car for everyday.............so I guess on the track the m3 is better

Depends what you're looking for...

I drove both for several weeks. M3 is especially a good car if you're looking for a complete performance/luxary car. People tend to look at 0-100 km and 1/4 mile ; message to those people : speed is a factor but it omits several factors ; gearbox, suspension, road feeling, handling, braking, re-acceleration, sound, etc. M3 got it all. However, comfort level in a M3 is similar to an Acura Integra (not that bad but almost!) ; it's noisy, bumpy, not enough room for passengers, etc.

C32 AMG is a fast car too. Between you and me, WHO CARES if it's faster or not than a M3 ; it's a FAST car, point. POINT. However, the C32 is more of an aggresive car than a sport car. You get luxary, space, comfort, etc. The C32 is a better "good father / good family car" than the M3 ; it could serves as the main car ; the M3 is not ideal for this purpose. The C32 is amazingly fun to drive but you don't feel the road like a real sport car driver would wish...

An M3 comes with a manual transmission. The wussy Benz does not (as solid and nice a car as it is....)

Re: M3 not being an ideal family car...

BMW should issue 4-door versions again, and a Touring (à la E34 M5). More people would buy them.

Originally posted by Alex325
Re: M3 not being an ideal family car...

BMW should issue 4-door versions again, and a Touring (à la E34 M5). More people would buy them.

Well, in my book, if you want a family car, you buy a M5 :) ....

?????

Originally posted by Alex325
An M3 comes with a manual transmission. The wussy Benz does not (as solid and nice a car as it is....)

LOL the wussy benz is almost as fast and its automatic what does that say to you?? And its a 4 door!

imagine if it was 6 speed???

not to mention all the problems there having with the M3 engine..
your right though its a wussy benz..???:confused:

Acceleration is AMAZING. This is the fastest stock Mercedes ever produced: the C 32 AMG sedan loaded with two adults and luggage takes only 5.2 seconds to reach 62 mph according to Mercedes. The car is capable of runs to 60 in 4.5 seconds! (AutoCar review Jun 27th 2001) That's faster than the new BMW M3 and the Porsche 911. The newly-developed AMG high performance brake system with ventilated disk brakes all round and perforated brake disks at the front cooperates with the AMG sports suspension to achieve even faster standstill

This was taken from :
http://www.c32life.com/stats.htm

Benz all the way..

I believe the benz is a few thousands more than the M3.

But if money wasnt an issue, the C32 is clearly the victor.

but i like the M3 looks better, and im sure that the M3 has better highway performances sicne it has one of the most ass kicking torque curves ive seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back