vw golf 1.8t

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JR StreetRacer

How could i make my car do 1/4 in 13-16 sec and how much?

If you upgrade the turbo, this can be done easily. Even if you just buy a boost controller an increase the boost, you will see an improvement. Go to RMR and ask them exactly what you need because they have done exactly this. They have a web board as well and you can ask the guys behind the desk right from your home!

The link is in my links section.

I wouldn't suggest using a boost controller. Correct me if Im wrong but wont it completely eliminate all of the safety parameters that protect your car under boost? Try a chip and an exhaust system first.

www.vwturbo.com

Well, I suggested going to RMR because I don't own a VW or a turbo so I wanted to make sure you got the right info before doing anything. I always say if I'm not sure about something.

However I was under the impression that you could put a little more boost and it woudln't hurt anything. If this is wrong please tell me.

hehehe, actually Im not sure either. I just figured that upping the boost without changing the fuel map is sure to cause some type of problem. True, turning it up a little probably wont do any damage, but whats the point if your only gonna get an extra 5-10hp?

On another note; Does anyone know where that damn police station is on pierrefonds blvd. that gave most of us tickets on the weekend. I drove around looking for it but never found it! Maybe Im just blind.....

Evading police! Its a long story, but I can assure you that I was in NO way evading the police. Its kinda hard to get away when youre only travelling at about 55km/h!

ticket

Dude, you were there too?

I got the same ticket. I was the one you threw the night together at the last minute. At least we got some good racing in.

There is nothing that you can do but go to court. It's not my first racing ticket from racing on that street. I won the other one for racing so I'll win this stupid thing for sure.

It's station 1 on St. Charles or the one in St. Anne's that covers this area.

Re: ticket

Of course I was there Danny, read my name carefully and youll know who I am. It says on the ticket that you have to return it to a cop station on Pierrefonds Blvd. Ill try station 1.

Buy a Garret (GIAC) chip for your 1.8t! It adds about 50 hp and is good for a 14.6 1/4 mile with a p-flo, and exhaust! do NOT buy the neuspeed chip!! I've only heard bad things!

Ok so I went and contested my ticket today, my court date is gonna be mailed to me. You cant do it at station 1 you have to go to the town hall of Pierrefonds. Go down St Jean and hang a right on Pierrefonds blvd. Its the big building with the red roof...Good Luck!

MK1GTi ...Is your car black and do you like the number 6?

Danny, I think the guy you are thinking of has an mk2 golf ..not mk1! By the way..The guy you are thinking of with the 6 speed tranny...lost to Jeremy a coupke of times at some street races on last tuesday! HAHAHAAHAH! Right after a nice @#%$ talking session too!

ohhh, Rabbit. I'm not thinking properly. So all MK1 are Rabbits. I thought there was an Mk1 Golf with the square round @#%$ small headlights. I guess that's considered an Mk2.

So the black Mk2 Lost to Jeremie? Tuesday? There was racing Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back