530i VS 1.8T

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacovw4

Legacy Member
Yesterday coming back from harveys around 1am (late snack ) :D i raced a 1.8T .

Nice ride Silver, lowered catback exhaust that gived a nice sound with the spooling of the turbo.

So were on Decarie going on Marcel-Laurin at the first light (burger king on the corner) were lined up i give a thums up :D. Me on the right lane him on the center and a Silver star on the left lane , Light turns green no one lauches there are parked cars in my lane so i go behind the 1.8T , the benz goes 4 it so does the 1.8T and i follow.
I can see that its not a stock 1.8 as we both pass the benz and line up at the next red light. At this point the benz is out , So when the light turns green we launch 1st (tiptronic sux) were pretty even keep in mind he has lots of wheel spin, 2nd he pulls away from me ,like my front end is at his rear wheel and third his pulling away hard.
We both slow down next red light he tells me he has 287 hp and that he has a problem with his injectors...I think couldnt hear very well . Anyhow it was a cool race we both said Bye and thats iT.

I told him about MTLRacing.com he knows about and he says ppl on this board knows him ( the silver bullet ?? )

I've seen him around a few times. Does his car looks like this?

IMG_STYLING.jpg

I know what audi your talking about Ive seen it... But i forgot to mention thats its a Volks 1.8T
Sorry for the confusion IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN :p

Crazy thing if the guy is telling the truth...

Audi or VW, it's the same motor... 287 hp out of a small 4 cylinders 1.8L = overboost ... = gonna bust his car soon. To support such thing, you have to modifiy the downpipes, the cylinder walls, pistons, everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back