How come there aren't more VWs around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

More and more there are Hondas being the car of choice to soup up. Are VW addicts fadding away?

Reason for not too many VW's

Well, in my opinion VW's have not been the choice of cars to soop up because style looking, Honda kits are much more easier to come by at almost any shop. On the other hand there is mainly one big "dealer" for German parts that go on VW's RMR but they have rip off prices. In addition
there service is sh*t!! And nobody else can get the parts cause RMR is monopolizing the market cause they have a connection in europe and this connection is not allowing other shops to get parts and create competitive prices. Mostly though VW's are not so much into look rather just a euro grill and 16valve wheel well flares. They are mostly drivers who like the VW's and will never trade another car for their own unless maybe it was a corrado. but be assured we are still there. VW's don't really show to much of their cars at the julep or show's. But on the streets we put the Honda's were they belong... In the rearview mirror!! Hope I'm not affending anyone. I have respect for Hondas also. So for good looks and showing off our VW's there isn't much we do but when the time comes to race we're always eager and waiting. We will always have a small presence for shows but a fear in the
shadows of the Honda owner's mind.

Re: Reason for not too many VW's

Hi George. Hehehe, I like the part about putting Honda's where they belong. I have lost to a few Volks before. I know the potential is definitly there. I also respect the fact that not many VW owners are switching to Honda. They stick by their cars. I've known guys who have kept on buying VW for as long as I can remember.

I also own a Golf but I use it in the winter. I plan to make a few modifications to the exterior but that's about it.

no offense, but not too many VWs that are too much of threat. Good solid cars, a blast to drive, but they do have their disadvantages (like any car). The trend about 10 years ago was it VW, when I got into Hondas VW were at their peak. I remeber everyone wondering why I would buy a Honda Civic as a performance hatch, when the GTi was available. I loved the civic Si ever since it came out. But that is my personal choice, I respect the VW boys, they stick by their cars no matter what....good job. I feel bad for anyone that doesn't own a Honda though, prices are parts are ridicoulously high for anything non-Honda. Sucks really, everyone should be able to "tune" their car without having to take out a mortage. That is probably why the Honda scene is soo big know, and the worst part is that it will only snowball from here on until everyone gets sick of Hondas....just like it happened to the 5.0, and the big blocks before them.

I'm already sick of Hondas, hahahah that's why I got a VW winter car. Anyways I still think car parts are wayyyyy too expensive. There are only a handfull of people who can afford go-fast parts. Imagine if a turbo installed was $500. The races would be insane!!!!!!!

Even if I drive a prelude, I always loved VWs. I had a '80 rabbit cabriolet, a corrado G60 & a golf 97 and they were great cars. I had troubles with my g60 but when it was running, IT WAS running ;) I still think that a rabbit gti 2.0l with carbs would be a nice project.

later...

Je trouve ça cool de nous faire part de vos expériences vis à vis VW les gars. J'ai jamais possédé de Honda, mais presque tout mes chums ont des Honda, j'ai réussi à en convertir une coupe to the Dark Side :) . Je conduis une Golf VR6 '91, mon chum de gars une Golf VR6 '92, un autre un Corrado VR6 '91 jaune, vraiment clean en passant. Et le dernier et non le moindre, une Jetta Diesel '90, vraiment cool :) . Je dois dire que je respecte beaucoup ce que Honda arrive à faire avec un 4 cylindres, très impressionant. Et leurs fiabilité n'a pas beacoup d'égale dans la compétition. Mon père à déjà conduit une Honda Civic dans la série Honda/Michelin alors je sais de quoi je parle. Mais ce qui m'a accroché à VW est ce petit quelquechose de différent, et le fait que j'aime beaucoup le rallye et les voitures qui compétitionne la dedans. Personne à d'autres feed back sur leurs souvenir ??

Honda VS VW

I used to own a 92 16v GTI and it ran a 14.90, I broke the tranny 2 times in a month. The parts for VW's are hard to find and way to expensive. In my eyes honda is the way to go.

Any challengers out there for my civic, Bring it on.

DSCF0550.JP

Re: Honda VS VW

George? George the guy with the fiberglass body? red gti vr6?

Oh well! hondas are made quicker....VW's are mede better! Now with the new 1.8t...Watch out torqueless hondas! you gonna get munched! Plus all the hondas look the same once they are modded! Except if they are super modded like phil or john! that @#%$ is mad custom! But over all, a honda with rims lowered, have not too much character! But they are fast!!!!

I agree with alot of what vRsiK is saying. This is why I also like VWs alot. I'm allowed to like both. RMR's 1.8T is frikken fast. Way more torque than me. I also get boared with seeing the same ol mods on most Hondas.

well, I'm comin from both sides of this car war...I have a 88 Golf VR6 and a 90 Integra. Even though the teg cost less to run, and can take a good ass kickin, it's nothin compared to torque from my baby..hehe.
Parts for the Vr are hella expensive, but it rarely breaks down. The only thing is that when it does break down, it's not usually something minor. I've had 3 Veedubs, and 2 hondas, but I will always love volkswagen, we are like a big family I find. A bunch of us went to Jersey to Waterfest, and it was awesome, the nicest and open people ever. I really not trashin on Honda or anything, I just prefer VW. There are some nice hondas out there, but it's just overkill... like Karim said (Vrsik) they almost all look the same...

Like I posted a long time ago somewhere else we need a HONDAGEN!!!

from the VW:
the chassis stifness
inner tranny strenght
torque
brakes
safety
chipable ecu's
roominess

from the Honda:
suspension
vtec revying powah!
tranny linkage
tranny sinchro marvel
reliability
aerodynamics
parts avaibility(performance)
electrical system

I could go on and on..but you get my point!.;)

Nice Revival. I think in the past years VW has stepped up a bit. If you look at the activity between the VW and honda forums...either there is more of us..or we are just computer geeks ;)

Damn, now why didn't Danny get a VRSick? :p

:dunno:

"Holly thread ressurection Batman!" :eek1:

Vw_guy87

Originally posted by VRsik
Nice Revival. I think in the past years VW has stepped up a bit. If you look at the activity between the VW and honda forums...either there is more of us..or we are just computer geeks ;)

Thanks, and I am computer geek!

I think VWs are more original, unlike Hondas where every second kid has Altezza tail lights. Every Civic seems to have the same body kit, unless they're all similar (accept for the really Ricey kits, those are different, but in a bad way). VW often mix and match kits, giving them a more original look. IE Oettinger grill, projectzo valance...etc

I also think that when we buy after market parts, we have to pay more, but that's because most of it is German stuff. We don't buy Type-R or Type-S brand stuff made in japan for pennies. I'm sure there's some good stuff out there for Hondas, but I don't see it, all I see is Altezzas, LEDs, and Aluminum wings.

I don't have anything against Hondas (I actually like them more that they got rid of Villeneuve), but if your going to buy aftermarket stuff. KEEP IT CLEAN. Don't get a huge wing.

I better stop I'm going off topic. anyways VWs are original! I LOVE 'EM, and our Threads are always busy... ps. just look at Vortex

There are less of us but that is also what makes us special.

We know each other and respect each other (well, usually :p ).

There's also a way of thinking amongst dubbers that hate the ricey mods, so you will rarely see a riced up VW. Ratjer, you'll see good clean modified VWs.

I agree, VWs are more expensive to acquire than a Honda but they are usually have more standard equipment. When you buy a VW, you buy yourself not only a car, but a life style :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back