SARD 550 injectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueno

Legacy Member
Hey, I was over at my buddys house last night and we ran into a problem installing is SARD 550 injectors on is SR20.

They keep flooding the cylinders everytime we turn the key (make the fuel pump run) even though the injector fuses are off !!!???

And I mean flooding...with a 255 Walbro and 550 SARD, theres alot of gas that goes by !

Anybody ran into this problem ??? Better yet anyone with a solution ???

Thanks

Francais ou Anglais....cela a peu d'importance.

Merci

I remember robin telling me something like this. did you wire the ecu yourself... did you run the car with regular injectors first... and are you aware that sard injectors have a really shitty spray pattern and do kinda just "piss" fuel into the head (not that that has anything to do with it if its unplugged"

PLUS, it sounds a lot like you got new injectors and forgot to do what I did... which is put the injector o rings from your stock injectors onto the new sards... THEY DON'T COME INCLUDED... if you noticed they "dropped in" to easy. boom theres your problem. take the orings off your old sidefeeds or order the kit for the z32 tt.

*banghead* *banghead* *banghead* *banghead* *banghead*

Damn Japanese instruction booklet !!!

Thanks, I'll call him right away.

PS: the engine ran fine before the swap (injectors) and your right about PISSING, sounds like a damn waterfall of gas !

97_240sx said:
I remember robin telling me something like this. did you wire the ecu yourself... did you run the car with regular injectors first... and are you aware that sard injectors have a really shitty spray pattern and do kinda just "piss" fuel into the head (not that that has anything to do with it if its unplugged"

PLUS, it sounds a lot like you got new injectors and forgot to do what I did... which is put the injector o rings from your stock injectors onto the new sards... THEY DON'T COME INCLUDED... if you noticed they "dropped in" to easy. boom theres your problem. take the orings off your old sidefeeds or order the kit for the z32 tt.

I just called him....and its not working either...

Cylinder 3-2 (firing order) is flooding, the other ones are fine !!!???

He'll take off the fuel rail and test it, we're going to see if the leek from the sides or the tip, so we'll know exactly were it leeks .

Stand by for updates.

BTW thanks for your help !

I still say its seals. thats the only way they will piss like that. the rail pressurizes and it pushes it in. remove rail. take out injectors. any lose injectors will cause that, and any bad seals will do that. I am 90% sure its your problem.

97_240sx said:
I still say its seals. thats the only way they will piss like that. the rail pressurizes and it pushes it in. remove rail. take out injectors. any lose injectors will cause that, and any bad seals will do that. I am 90% sure its your problem.

Yah...I'm leaning toward that too.

I'm stuck at the office t'ill 18h30....I wish I was hepling him right now. A well, that's life.

It must be the seals because two of them works and the other two leeks like my first girlfriend !!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back