Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TEAM REDLINE DOZZER

i wanna know your comments about shelby charger
you like i wanna know
you dont like i wanna know
and please tell me why!!! thanx

I like them alot! I know some people say that they are ugly but I think that they have a sytle of their own!
I had a shadow turbo a few years ago but the shelby charger is what I really wanted at the time, They have great potential to be pretty quick too!!! Good luck!!
ask TK he has an omni GLH at his shop

They are very moddable and parts are kinda cheap. The motor is not as strong as an early DSM though. But building them is half the price, so...

Very good car but better if you have the turbo II setup which was in the Shelby GLHS, Shelby Lancer, Daytona Shelby Z...

As for the strength of the motor I think that the Turbo II block is strong enough with the forged crank and rods direct from the factory.

Keep the mopar spirit alive

Mopar or no car

Shelby

Our GLH has a turbo II setup with the super sixty turbo kit,Lots of TK tricks;)

Its got about 350hp and very reliable!!!

It was first built for Kenny Dumont's 87 Shelby 6 years ago and ran 12.7 110mph back then.
Since then we freshened it up and did some more porting and we will go to the track this year and try to hook the sucker and if it hooks it should do low 12s or has the power to run 11s.

Tom....www.tkmotion.com....514-920-0094...If I can't build it right the first time I'd rather not build it:)

Re: Shelby

A guy named Joey (from the West Island) ran a 12.18 or something this summer. He has some nonsense parts like a stock IC and he still managed that low 12. Pretty amazing car!!!

50 times easier to mod than the more "trendy" Honduhs if you ask me...

Anyone saw that 9 sec. Neon in Turbo Mag? Built by a shop call Forward Motion...

Tom, I can't wait to see that Omni kick some Honduh (and maybe DSMs, hehe) butts this summer!!!

Re: Shelby 2.2's

I've got some spare HIPO parts for building a T2 that are up for grabs and I'm currently rebuilding the engine on Dumont's old "Lepricon" Shelby Charger. If anyone's interested in buying the car drop me a line. This car's frame and paint is in excellent condition.

As far as I know the fastest L body I've seen is Stephane Beauregard from SM performance in Granby L body converted to RWD with a 16V motor...the car ran 10.35.

Mike Deimoss from Forward Motion inc NJ,USA ran his L body in the 10's too with the FWD set-up, he also has a Neon with a 2.4 Turbocharged and NOS that runs mid 9's. They have some good stuff specially their .505 cam and their Inforcer 2 Turbo.

lol! You guys know everything. Yeah, he was on an 80HP shot of NOS, but still. Low 12's is low 12's.

It's like my friend who is on "pump gas" power and "average" q-miles times like if C-16 was cheating or a best ET was always a fluke. :)

I guess that since I can run mid to high 12's all day long on pump gas with my street setup, I'm not a low 12s car, just a high 12s car, hehe!

I can't wait to see that mini-Mopar war. I know Joey wants to get back to it. Should be fun to watch!!!! And then, your DSMs cousins will do their best to keep the competition up.

You guys are forgetting poor old Pat with the other charger (Joey's friend) who was also very fast.
They are really into snowmobiles at the moment, so look out on the trails.

I think now the fastest Shelby/FWD mopar is Gary Donovan's K-car 10.41 @ 132 mph

2.5L 16v 35psi = very fast possible 9's

leboost: can you list me some parts that you got for sale

hope your fast enough

I had this passed on to me.You seam mighty confident in what you THINK your omni is capable of! though Ive never seen or heard of your car running, I have seen joey"s car run at an event this summer and he ran more than just one 12.teen in front of me to get to the final round. To run those low 12's I'm not sure he was all out. In fact the final round was between Joey and Gary Donavan (10 sec K car). Joey was ahead of gary until after half track when joey's car shut off. Joe still ran 12.4 at 87 mph. Gary won with 10.66 at 130 mph. and to quote Gary, (he said he was'nt sure he was going to catch joe) Go to donavansgarage to see the video's of the SDAC event if their still there.
MR tkmotion get your omni rollin and prove to us your worthy of comenting against a long time Shelby Dodge member.

Re: Bull

funnything, flipping through my national dragster,don't see any records held by tkmotion?
any how videos of the joey and car I'm talking about can be found at www.thedodgegarage.com
find video's, scroll down til you see sdac-11. I believe it's the car in question. you might want to visit the rest of the site for a while. You might need some of the tips if you ever line up against Joey's car.

Re: War

Too bad you don't win any wars with that Talon. All that money to run high 12's.... Should have bought a Honda ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back