Turbo Neon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonOncTsi

Tech guy
Highlight on the New Dodge Neon

Car manufacturers have always subjected their new cars to real world situations and Dodge is no different. What is different is that Dodge has decided to test their new powerplant at Sno*Drift this year. In the good ol' days, the Big Three (Chrysler, Ford, GM) used to test prototypes in street races on Woodward Avenue. Things have changed, including the upcoming Neon. Available in January of 2003, the Dodge Neon will come with the option of a new 2.4 liter turbocharged engine (in collaboration with Mitsubishi). Estimated numbers are 220 hp and 215 ft/lbs of torque (the rally car is said to be a bit more powerful). Car 53 is the prototype that Dodge's engineers are testing today. The car is running on stock brakes, springs, struts; even the interior is left stock (the exception being the rollcage). If all goes well, fans will be able to pick one up for themselves in a year. Please send any corrections to John Bucknell, development engineer for Dodge (he provided all the information).--LS

--------------------------------------

I wonder how much Mitsubishi will be in there...

Re: Turbo Neon

They had an article in super street a while back it looked much better with the kit on it, but i like the idea of a fast neon , and having a j-body i like what GM came up with this year. We're giving honda's a run for there money

Re: Turbo Neon

Honduhs?!?!?! Unless your pour tons of money in them, since when Honduhs were fast?

Speed kills. Drive a Honda, live forever. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back