2.5rs turbo questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.O.T. CRX

Does anybody have a 2.5rs with a turbo on it? i was wondering how easy is it to turbo this car. it's appealing cause u can get them for a lot cheaper than a wrx and it has more displacement. but how good is the 2.5 engine? i know the wrx engine is amazing but i was wondering how good the 2.5 is. geometry wise. i would replace all internals anyways. but how much can the stock internals take? if i want to run something high like 15-20psi would i be better off getting a wrx instead and running that at that much boost?

anyone?

thanks guys

if you really want to put a lot of boost, im not really sure that it will cost cheaper to turbo a 2.5 instead of buying a wrx

The block and internals are kinda strong, but not to support too much boost, and there is not many companies that make internals and or strenghtened blocks for the 2.5

the only one that come in my mind at the moment is cobb tuning in the usa
go and do a search on i-club.com you'll fin some more infos over there since there is more people with turboed 2.5 than over here

and another thing, some people that had turboed 2.5 changed them to swap a 2.0 sti engine, so without going full custom (internals) a swap or a new wx might be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back