wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlammedSI

We must be special !!! we got our own General section!! Seperate from the Imports, Why Is this?

This way, I can skip past your posts about making power, 10 seconds cars, drag, building motors, etc and get where the real action is.

Kombat kits, low riderz, who's the kewlest krew, running 50psi of boost on a stock Honduh motor. Now that's what I want to read about.

True MonOnc, I wasn't too Interestd in the kewlest crure thing either!!!!!!!! let's talk about POWER!!!!!!!!!

Soooo, what's up?

You know what? I think I'll bring my Mustang friends here. And they're not the slowest either. 10.80 with a SC and 12.19 on a 302 N/A. They should have some pretty good points.

Bring um on down!!!!
Maybe I could give um some pointers and stuff?????

Man I totally discusted with the honda forum...

Mononctsi... just curious about a couple of things... my dad has a 97 tsi, he would like to make a bit quicker but not have n unplesent car to drive (ie loud muffler) Ive changed the pipes on it from the turbo to the intercooler and then to the TB.. all metal now.. the car boost very nice now but he is still looking for more.. I was thinking of upgrading his downpipe and mid pipe but keep the stock muffler (for the sound).. any ideas?

thanx... Pat

Tsi AWD

Mmmmm, when you upgrade the exhaust, you start from the tip and go up to the turbo, not the other way around.

Basic mods are, an open air filter, a 1G BOV (the 97 BOV leaks past 12-13psi). If he wants to keep the stock exhaust, he could bolt-on a high flow cat (Dynomax sells them).

He could upgrade his turbo and put a bigger impeller wheel in. We know a place that will rebuilt and upgrade the stock turbo for about 600$, a good deal.

That should give him a good 40HP. Of course, he'd get more with a better exhaust, but if he wants it quiet, that's about it.

Re: Tsi AWD

MonOncTsi... thanx you for your input.. but Im still considering several options before doing a turbo upgrade... also if Im gona spend 600 on reworking a stock turbo, y not drop another 600 and get a 20G?

Whoa, you don't just "drop" a 20G. You need tons of other modifications to support it; fuel system, IC, piping, exhaust, etc...

Besides, you'll also need an external exhaust.

MonOncTsi ca vas???????

I don't see you on the board as often!!!!
Don't let the "experts" get to you!!!!!!
Remember us old school guys must stick together!!!!!

hehe, thanks TK!

Yeah, well, I'm no expert, far from it, but I have experienced a couple of things with my car. Since turbos and 4 cylinders are hot these days, I though I could help some. But when you see these guys ignoring everything you say and come with bull**** like "it's OK to run 40psi on a stock 11:1 Honda motor" then you tell yourself WTF! Go on kids, blow up your @#%$ engine with your dick $5000 turbo kit and see if I care!

By the way, I was wrong about my car running 8.8:1 and being OK with 94 octane. In fact, with the 0.067" thick metal gasket, it's more like 8.6!

Ahhh, venting is good. I fell better now! :)

Hey MonOnc... I wasnt being ignorant with my post.. I was just trying to get your point of view.. now all i was trying to justify, is why get a rebuilt for 600 when you have better option available, now I am fully aware what it needed to may a 20G swap succesful.. I have had my hands dirty in a second gen talon undergoing a 20G swap over at Concordia auto... now I was trying to be respectfull to you and i expect the same from you.. plz dont mistake me for some punk kid with a honda.. its not because i drive a honda it means I live in a dream world...

ps.. Im not flaming...

Pat

B18bCivic, nooooo! I wasn't talking about you!!!! Not for a minute! I'm so sorry you ever tought that! I was referring to some other posts.

Not one word was directed toward you. Really!!!!!!!

Hey, you know your shop "Arizona Audio" is about 1km from where I live? Also, do you know Pat Lecuyer? He used to be into car sound systems. He's now into making power, engine power I mean. He still has this Arizona Audio sticker on his car though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back