speed limiter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlammedSI

Need help with speed limiter on 94 Z28 5.7 L automatic.
I am looking into super chip and hyper tech products wondering if any one has info or expirience on either one.

Hey Slammed, your car red with big crome pipes on it? you have a friend in beaconsfield with a big ugly green yellow car?

No it's white with skirts, wing and Chrome wheels, not from the west Island and I don't go there too often.

No buddy the viper is quite a bit bigger it is a 8.0 liter 488 cubic inch V10, my engine is a little baby 350 cubic inch.

Damn i misread what you wrote...i thought it said Z24 5.7L! My bad!! Could you swap a z28 v8 into a z24? Has anyone done this yet?

Hey Vrisk what'a up!
I don't think any one has been able to do that yet but there is a guy who has a red 97-98 Z24 that put a 3.8L supercharged engine from the grand prix GTP ! I think he has Nos too! but I am not 100% sure about the Nos.
I am pretty sur that he must be in the 13's .
it's cool to see under his hood that engine is braced every where!

Later.

vrsik: It's impossible to fit a V8 into a Z24, the 3.8 in the Z24 is really tight and the guy had to take the front end in parts just to be able to fit the v6 inside.

Actually its been done a guy in the states put a 5.7(that a Chev 350cu/in) in an 85 Cavi z24 with a @#%$ load of work. it is possible to put a 3.8 supercharged in a older school Cavi like second ges 88-94 these cars already had sixs in them..it would be like putting a Prelude motor in an Integra.

and as proof; heres the link home.swbell.net/nitro57/BUILDUP.HTM

Does that guy who dropped the GTP engine in his Cavi live in Montreal? That's serious! Even those stock GTP's are pretty quick, and they are super heavy! I raced one once..and off the line he was gone but once he got 2-3 car lengths ahead of me...i was just holding on to him, he wasn't gonna pull on me no more!! :)

I am not sure if he lives in mtl , I don't know him I just saw the car at Julep once this summer , Yeah it is pretty fast my friend has a 2000 trans am ram air and they raced at light and let me tell you that cavi was not far behind at all!

I got rid of it so I could go 176 kph to piss off people that can only go 175kph!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back