head unit removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

civichatch

Legacy Member
got a pionner deck installed at future shop (big mistake)

and now i bought a sub and need to plug my rca cables in the back of my head unit but i don't know how they put it on and now i can't take it off......i don't want to pay 60$ to get those guys to plug my amp....i can do it myself. But does anyone know how i can take off my head unit????my car is a 98 civic hatch.......thanks alot

j'ai acheter un CD unit au future shop de pioneer et je l'ai fait installer par eux...(erreur fatale)!!

maintenant je me suis acheter un sub et je suis pas capable d'enlever mon head unit parce que je sais pas comment il l'on mis les p'tit criss.........quelqu'un pourrai m'aider a me dire comment l'enlever??? mon char c une civic hatch 98

Merci beaucoup

it's not there fault you don't know how to do it. I don't know civics really, but just start feeling around for loose pannels, and look for bolts or screws...

i think i need to take my dash apart and where the e brake is.....

i'll try that this week end

it's just that they installed it so precise so audio ass stealers have a hard time getting it out........

thanks

i dont know why you say it was a big mistake getting it installed by the futureshop installers... they did an amasing job on my car...

Originally posted by BlackTalon
p.s. the if you want to do the amp yourself get help... its the most complicated part of everthing...
are you kidding... wiring subs and amps are the easiest funnest parts! It's door speakers I hate! I always feel like I'm going to break a part of the door off taking off the panels. Or that the speaker won't have enough clearance to go in cause of the windows! Amps and subs are a walk in the park for me!

future shop did an excellent job on my car too but it seems they make it so complicated and hard so you will come back and pay them more money so they can take it off for you.........

installing an amp is very easy that's why i don't want to pay those guys 60 $ to install it.......it's just battery,RCA,remote and speaker wires..that's it........

pour enlever ton head unit il te faut 2 ptite pine ( en metal ) mais c'est eux ( future shop ) qui les ont, en2k, c'est sa qui m'ai arriver, il ton tes 2 petites pines de metal que tu doit mettre entre le plastic pis c'est des clips pis sa s'enleve toute seul.
la raison pourquoi qu'il les gardes c'est a cause que eux garentisse la job a vie jpense, pis si tu commence a gosser dedans, ta garentie n'est plus bonne, fait juste aller au future shop ek ton char pis dit leur que tu veux faire enlever ton head unit tout dependant des places, il va p-t te donner les 2 petites clips...( sa m'ai arriver pis c'etais chiant )
redonne moi des news !

with the pioneer you need 2 metal "keys" that slide on the sides of the radio and click into it once in position... Just go to Future shop, and ask an installer to take it out for you. Depending on were you live, there is Future Shop at pointe-claire or cote-vertu that you can go to.

Warning... once you install your amp by yourself, if you have any problems with you pioneer radio because of anything, it is not covered by the future shop installation warranty anymore (which is lifetime by the way).

I recommend you pay the $60 and just get it installed professionally. The warranty on your amp and subs from the manufacturer will also last twice as long if its installed by professionals. It says it clearly on all warranty papers that come with any car audio product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back