My newest Ricer mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0kWRX

WEll, here we go, I decided to paint the back of my lights. I like how it turned out

WRXlight01.jpg

WRXlight02.jpg

WRXlight03.jpg

tell me what you think :)

I like it....it's rice...eh nice i said!..no kiddin brian, It's simple and easy, I might just do it myself, one day....hey I'm getting my Apexi installed monday....kickass, let's meet soon!

Arrr who cares if it's ricey :D
It looks good.. hey keep it up then.. that's it that's all :) It's a friggin WRX !! we should keep the word "rice" not for cars.. but for ppl !! Ricers are ugly.. stupid.. they think they are cool.. and that they rock.. and well I don't even need to explain all of this.. but I could have a civic with lotsof color and stff that could be "ricey" but still think my civic is a sloow and pathetic car :p
... that's what I think anyhow... god bless wrx's.. or my oncle's 2.5RS..

Very nice Brian, I don't think it looks ricey at all! :bigup:

EWWWWW that looks GHEY!

Kidding man, looks nice. But you should put up a picture of the whole car with that mod. Just looking at one light it's tough to say how it looks on the car

ok,
attachment.php

Funny thing, when i was down there taking the pictures there were 5 people walking arround and checking it out. A kindly old man asked if he wanted me to take a picture of me beside the car, and then he payed me the ultimate compliment "Wow, those lights are really sporty" lol, so i had to explain how i had just painted them and all :D

Wow! I love your car, its gotta be the cleanest WRX I've ever seen! :bigup:

Where did you get that picture taken? I just got myself a digital camera this week and plan using it to the max!

No more getting Ice racing pics in June for me!! haha!:D

Originally posted by needledlies
Wow! I love your car, its gotta be the cleanest WRX I've ever seen! :bigup:

Where did you get that picture taken? I just got myself a digital camera this week and plan using it to the max!

No more getting Ice racing pics in June for me!! haha!:D

Its all in the angle :)
I took it down by the pointe-claire yacht. Its my all time favourite picture taking place thats close by and by the water

here's a photochoped version

WRXwater-edited.JPG

looks nice, much better than stock. That's a cool mod, is it lots of work to do?

Just a thought, in that picture the top of the light looks really, really black. What if you'd left a bit more chrome up there? Maybe around the turn signal reflector and stick a clear bulb in there ... in daylight it would look kinda like the projectors on the STi headlights, no?

If you wanna try it you can probably take off the black with lacquer thinner, that chromed plastic is pretty tough

Last edited:
Thanks, the look i was going for was JDM HID's, Im not a big fan of the projector lights. http://lumine.net/subaru/legacyb4/wrxsti/media/07.jpg . Mine are not nearly as nice, but they also didnt cost like 1500$

Its actually carbon metalic gray, just depends on the angle and lighting. I took my time doing them, and they took about 8 hours to do. I used 5 really thin coats of high temp paint. I had to put them in the oven to losen the glue/goop for a half hour, and then put them back in the oven to make sure they sealed nice. Only time will tell if the fog up or not

the riceyness of that mod will haunt my dreams forever.

they look like magical holograms. which are cool.

Looks great Brian:bigup: Good job on the lights, very crafty, can I be as cool as you are:dunno: please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back