"new" and improved(possibly not friendly to 56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
well my car was under the knife and came out looking a lot better than i would have expected
here are the results.
car2.jpg

carside.jpg

frontlow.jpg

magntlow.jpg

rearlow.jpg

rearside.jpg

i chose bad words

by under the knife, i meant modified
for now its all stock except the rims, exhaust and sound system

had to use a blow torch to get the old muffler off

uh.. a few months back my dad had to resort to a recipricating saw to cut off the rear shock absorber when we were replacing them

i bought the mags off my cousin who has a performance shop (sticker can be seen on my rear passenger windows) and they are from the 1970's and were used on a race series honda.
i had to change the wheel studs to longer ones so that the rims would fit. upclose they have some scratches.. but considering their age its pretty good.

now i just want to get a new engine!!

nice civic :bigup: did u consider puting a del sol engine ?? i look and ur car and it makes me miss my 90 civic si :tear:

i havent considered a del sol engine

i looked at the zc dohc (the most likely choice)
a newer d16z6 (sohc vtec)
and the b18a/b

i would love the b18, but my job doesnt pay enough and it would be a little more difficult to install

the zc would be simple, it should just be a straight switch

the only problem with a lowering job is that i winter drive. and i heard adjustables arent great cuz they rust up. and my dad had just put brand new shocks (even tho they're shitty)

ill wait for sure till next summer, when i have made more money, then ill see. cuz id rather put a motor than lower it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back