Supercharged Sunfires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FastProbeGT

Hey guys.... don't wanna spread any rumours, but i just remembered something i read and i was just wondering if anyone could follow it up... i read a couple months back in Pontiac Performance that in 2003 or 2004 all the Sunfires are going to come stock with an Eaton Supercharger similar to the GTP's? Or is this just total bull?

ya i heard of that too. but there not 100% sure they gunna do that but if they do. min 200 hp!it would be too amazing.
cuz as of right now we can get the superchargers through gm but it's an arm and a leg
ciao

come stop by at the SCP show i'm gunna be there with streetforce

ALL the sunfires? Even the gtx? 13" rims, no cupholders, no comfort or safety...but HEY..It's got 200 HP!!!!

how could that be a sleeper with all that valve train noise? you can hear that car coming from a mile away!!

I heard that too, I really wish that would happen. Finally Gm would give the European/Japanese a run for their money i the compact world. It was also mentioned in Chevy high perfomance, right baseide an articel that was showing the new Front drive "built in Mexico" 160bhp Camaro...

What about the GTO name? Ever heard of the Pontiac GTO muscle car? What abour a Sunfire GTO. If I was a Pontiac fan, I'd write them hate mail.

The DOHC 4 cylinder found in these cars isn't that bad. It's a descendent from the Olds Quad 4 engine that used to blow head gaskets all the time at 180HP. Now they detuned it at 150HP and it seems to be holding better, not sure about the reliability once you add a SC.

But why are the Japs building indestructible engines with more power and less displacement?

My friend ran 15.7 with a BONE STOCK z24 with this engine. Not bad. Problem is he destroyed the POS tranny after a month. Some have Isuzu trannies, some have Getrag. The Isuzu is the bad one, so I was told.

yes its true that the cavi and sunfire will have eaton superchargers!!!!!!!!!but this will be an option on the z24 and gt!!!!!!!!as i remmeber reading a simular article........about 6k more!!!!!!!!

If they come out with that I'm trading in my car, that would be sweet. I love my car but it's not close to being as powerful as I would like it to.

i soooooooooooooo agree,especialy when they wear leather pants!!!!!!!!!!

Z24 GT

yeah its true about the super charger kit they will be available on the new engines 2.2 ecotec that come with the sunfire GT and Cav Z24 with the Kit they will both have a 263 HP engine thats crazy @#%$ i would consider selling my car for that.

sammy 97 Z24
romeowithz24aol.com

re: superchargers

HOLLY @#%$ man this is some serious @#%$ with these new engines 263 HP WOW... i wonder whats the 0-100km/h is?? anyways cant wait to see the auto show this year

sammy 97 Z24

Re: re: superchargers

And to think i almost started to think about jumping bail to another car maker .... Come to think of it, it makes sense that they want to spice-up the Cavalier/sunfire line.

They scraped the aging Sunbird/Camaro lines because the uncles who used to buy it now buys SUV and other "L/Km" vehicules. Without any sport car lines remaining, they concentrate on the booming SCP scene.

Is it me or am i just stating the obvious here ? :)

.:: MaxyChip7 ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back