Info- I NEED EAR BRAKING, BODY SHAKIN SOUND!!!suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tegracer2g

Legacy Member
ok guys, this is where your expertise comes in..i love my beats man, and all the ladies and gentelmen that will be in my car on a regular basis love BASS!!! just as much as i do...so can u guys suggest some subs, and amps and all the necessary components to make my car GO BOOM!!! :) if you know what i mean...i would like to run 3subs.

i already have boston rally speakers and tweets....

GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS!

I'd suggest 2 MMATS JUGGERNAUT 15 inches (about 1000$ each)
and 4 Rockford fosgate 1500.1 amps ( about 1300$ each I think)

If you love earthquake-like bass, that would be good.

juggernauts get loud but sound like crap. I wouldn't get those. You may as well just get 2 12" subs. They will hit hard anough. And only use a single amp. Stay away from RF in IMO. They are inefficient and run hot.

If cash is an issue, try going with 2 JL 12W3's with a JBL 1200.1 (solid amp, stable to 1 ohm, not expensive, gives good output!). Or if you have the cash, look into Alpine Type Rs!

Ryan you took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say get 3 JL Audio 12W3 running off a JL Audio 500/1 amp. I've played with JL's Pt Cruiser demo car and thats the system in it. It pounds but if you turn down the volume, the quality is there since those subs are efficient unlike those MMATS things.

Originally posted by bassACE
Ryan you took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say get 3 JL Audio 12W3 running off a JL Audio 500/1 amp. I've played with JL's Pt Cruiser demo car and thats the system in it. It pounds but if you turn down the volume, the quality is there since those subs are efficient unlike those MMATS things.
:bigup:
Yeah, but if you have 3 of them, I would definetly go bigger then the 500/1. Those subs can handle a good 300-400W each, depending on the enclosure they're in!

Ditto,

3 x JLW3 (gotta be ported though..)

on a JBL1200.1

This will give loud, low bass..

if what you want is hitting bass, like the stuff in dance music, this setup isnt for you.

Of course MMATS doesn't have a good SQ, but if you want raw power, JL can't match the juggernaut. Personally, I would pick 2 W6...

Originally posted by bruno2000
Of course MMATS doesn't have a good SQ, but if you want raw power, JL can't match the juggernaut. Personally, I would pick 2 W6...

the W3 gets louder than the w6 (potential max for each..)..

If money wasnt a thing, the Brahma or the DD9515 would be my picks..

2kw to each, and you'd be pounding while sounding good..

Originally posted by bruno2000
If your talking SQ, yeah W6s... they'll get loud but are designed for SQ. The W3 is a little bit smaller frequency range, and is more in the middle. And I could name MANY other subs that are good for SQ and SPL, but not everyone has that kind of cash. Like your suggestion... 4x$1500 just in amps? Wow... HELLO! be realistic. Not to mention, he's going to ne a HO alternator for that. Those amps suck in about 120A at there peak. I don't even think an integras alternator puts out 120A. Then again, it's not like he's going to be running it at the peak. However lets say around half, would be 60A... then multiply that times 4. That will burn out his alternator, and melt his battery over time! It'll create too much heat! The stock alternator and factory grounds to the chassis aren't big enough to support that much current. So in other words, your suggestion would turn out to be twice as expensive as you even quoted him!

Originally posted by 99AltimaGXE

If your talking SQ, yeah W6s... they'll get loud but are designed for SQ. The W3 is a little bit smaller frequency range, and is more in the middle. And I could name MANY other subs that are good for SQ and SPL, but not everyone has that kind of cash. Like your suggestion... 4x$1500 just in amps? Wow... HELLO! be realistic. Not to mention, he's going to ne a HO alternator for that. Those amps suck in about 120A at there peak. I don't even think an integras alternator puts out 120A. Then again, it's not like he's going to be running it at the peak. However lets say around half, would be 60A... then multiply that times 4. That will burn out his alternator, and melt his battery over time! It'll create too much heat! The stock alternator and factory grounds to the chassis aren't big enough to support that much current. So in other words, your suggestion would turn out to be twice as expensive as you even quoted him!

Yeah Ryan I would have to agree man.. Yeah but if installed an extra Batt in his car with capas then I'm sure he would be ok... as long as the AMPs are hooked up to that spare batt. He would need a Larger Alti though. If you don't mind the extra weight that is.

How about you go see Mario over at Auto-Tel, 2025 Madison in Montreal -- (514) 482-1180 --

Get some nice Eclipse subs... If you want BODY SHAKIN SOUND I would maybe go with 88000 Titanium DVC Series... how about 2 x 12" ?

peace :bigup:

in the original post nobody said anything about price being a factor.... they wanted EAR BREAKING & BODY SHAKIN dammit!!!!

that was my suggestion ECLIPSE! :D

Originally posted by GTIonICE
in the original post nobody said anything about price being a factor.... they wanted EAR BREAKING & BODY SHAKIN dammit!!!!

that was my suggestion ECLIPSE! :D
Why pay more then you need to, when you can get louder for less?

JL W 7

Hey, why dont you run a something like 2 x 13.5" JL W 7's with a rockford fostgate bd 1500 down to one ohm.

:cool:

Re: JL W 7

Originally posted by Vokal
Hey, why dont you run a something like 2 x 13.5" JL W 7's with a rockford fostgate bd 1500 down to one ohm.

:cool:
you must have just put down your crack pipe! W7s aren't cheap! Besides the W6 will get louder then the W7, it's just that the W6 gets distorted, whereas the W7 won't! Also, it seems that the Brahma would be a better choice then the W7, since it has similar capabilities, but for alot less cash!

how much space do you have?
how much money? and what's you address? ;)

no really, it all depends on your budget and your trunk. so give us details.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back