turboed v8's

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

red cherokee

hi guys,whats your opinion on turboed v8's????i have been reading alot on it cause my buddy in his 86 vet wants to do it!!!!!

lets get soem heavy facts and feedback please!!!!!!!!

should my buddy go turbo,superchager,or all motor????

I've talked to a couple of guys with superchargers on their F-body and the reason you don't see many of them is that those engine don't take forced induction (supercharger or turbos) very well. Just telling you what I have heard...

No, the trucks have the 4.3L vortec engine (I *think* it is 4.3L).

But that got me thinking. The 4.3L is basicaly a 5.7L V8 with 2 cylinders chopped off. So if a turbo is good for this engine, why wouldn't it be good for its bigger brother?

I guess the guys I met that had problems with their SC on their 5.7L were ignorant or something...

Trivia question: Who makes the turbo found in the Typhoon/Cyclone ?

ACCELERATION

Zero to 30 mph....1.7
40 mph................2.6
60 mph............... 5.3
100 mph............. 16.2
Standing ¼-mile..... 14.1 sec @ 95 mph

Oh yes, the Typhoon is serious - one look at its hardware proves that it has the muscle to back up its visual threat. In the engine room sits the same turbocharged and intercooled 4.3-liter V-6 used in the Syclone. This beastly powerplant churns out 280 horsepower at 4400 rpm and a boggling 350 pound-feet of torque at 3600. Passing through a robust four-speed automatic, the power is delivered to a full-time four-wheel-drive system with a center differential and a viscous coupling that apportions torque 35/65 front/rear.

Ready for liftoff? Just lift your left foot off the brake and hold your right foot to the floor. Whhoooooossh! No tire smoke. Barely a chirp from the rubber. And you are gone! The sprint from 0 to 60 mph takes - get this, SUV mavens - just 5.3 seconds. Not only is that enough speed to pummel the once-omnipotent Red Cherokee (sorry Red),but it's enough to humiliate such standouts as the Ferrari 348ts and the Ford Mustang V-8.

monoctsi i belive the turbo was made by garret!!!!!1but im not 100%sure!!!!!!and to all the rest of you the cyclone and typhoon are very very rare!!!!!!!only 500 made in the states and canada combined!!!!!!!!

as for the 350 not taking forced induction well,john lingenfelter has done many turbod vettes including the 86 like my freind has!!!!!!!!but this is a very costly project!!!!!im talking 15k at least just on the motor!!!!!1i told my buddy to go all motor!!!!!!i suggested mr lingenfelters 383stroker!!!!and my freind agrees!!!!!!!and just to let you all know the 383stroker lingenfelter specs comes up to 630bhp and 550 torque!!!!!!!!mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i love 10 second cars!!!!!1

cool i didnt know that,you learn something new everyday eh monoctsi???????

chek this out:

tbirdturbo.jpg

it's a ford thunderbird with a small block twin turbo engine. this car is the nhra quickest and fastest doorslammer. Hurley Blackney, a 60 years old doctor, ran 260mph with this car at Joliette last month! incredible to watch, i sway him at the keystone nationals last month in pennsylvania. I can say SILENT THUNDER!

Re: RE: turboed v8's

adam could u imagine that on seans vette!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back