Whats wrong with GM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonfed

Legacy Member
Don't get me wrong. I'm a total GM fanatic I drive two of them. but I have a well problem with them. It sees to me that GM can't market of design a car anymore. Its like they are still living off their populatiry of the fifties and sixties!! this is when the market flurished with great GM cars. Today is a different story the market has very few good GM cars. they would include the VEtte, Camaro(doubtfull) nad the entre Oldsmobile line(which is being taken off the market) this is GMs problem they don't wnat to create better cars, all they say is well we have the Vette the ultmate sprts car!! well I'm sure that there're are a few cars that cn beat the vette. I say GM should hire a new marketing team taht can actually figure out what the public wnats and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD hire a design team!!!

I think GM has alot of great cars too ! but look at the price of a new Trans am or camaro ! brand new they are a little too expensive ! My friends father just bought a 2000 ram air convertible trans am last summer and it was $50kand thats not to mention that 275/45/17" tires cost a fortune I think most people would have trouble spending $500 a tire espcially when they don't last too long on a RWD car with 325hp.
I personally don't car about that I'm about to get rid of my civic to buy a 96 trans am ram air ! i can't resist the temptation of driving a real car with tourque ! not a little 4 banger that you have to put 5K into so you can maybe keep up with a v8 that also costs half as much to modify and stuff like headers will actually give you 20 or 30hp instead of 8-10hp
that cost $500 for 1 header that is half the diamter, I am just tired of getting riped off by this stupid Import craze!
Slammed SI is soon going to be a 325HP trans am doing 13.50
stock on street tires!

The only good cars(in my opinion) GM has are OPEL cars in germany and the cadillac caterra sport. But they do make some darn fast cars !!!

whats wrong with gm??

i agree 15seccavi,it seems that gm has just woken up and seen that honda and toyota have the market right now,dont get me wrong i love muscle cars but i am a car fan first and formost!!!if gm could bring a american version of the opal series here or bring back their turbo 4 cylinders they might just sell some cars!!!!!but you have to realize to that there six cylinders are not as hard on gas as they once were.i also agree with slammed si......gms are cheeper to modify and easier,but in oder to modify a gm"camaro,firebird,corvette",you have to buy one and they are very expensive!!!!!!but the camaro and firebird will be no longer as of 2002,maybe gm has something up their sleeves,we will just have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!
thats my 2 cents!!!!!!!

Re: whats wrong with gm??

They have nothing to compete with the Integra/Prelude/Celica market. All they have is the Cavalier which sounds like @#%$ when modified.

You know, it's not the kind of cars it's the cars themselves.

How can anyone stand by a car that will rattle more than a 10 year old bus after 20 000 kms?

Yes I agree that the vette is very expensive but a Camaro or firebird or even the mustang brand new is very close or even alittle cheaper than a ITR or prelude and I don't care what the stats are on paper those 3 V8's are faster than a Prelude or an ITR. and as far as rattleing and squeaking after 20,000km I agree with that on the cheaper cars such as cavs and sunfires but I quite afew of my buddies who own Camaros and firebirds with over 100,000 kM and they are rattle and problem free! Asfor my civic thats most of the reason that I want to get rid of it Squeaks and rattles!

I have to make a point here. GM doeshave a rattle in their cars wheretehr it be a Cavalier or a Camaro, but thats no way to judge a car quality to be a racer or a everyday racer. MY 1984 Oldsmobile who if F%$&ing fast doesn't have that much of a rattle. besides I've heard a older Interga make a rattle.

now as for Slammedsi, I love the fact that you want a 96 ram air, but if you really want a crazy amercain ride go older I would sugest maybe a 70-72 chevelle big block...you have to remember that these cars set the pace in the race world now dominated by the Jap cars. just bring a big block ls5 Chevell for a ride and have you neck snap back....490 STOCK Hp is really cool. For all the haters out there look it up...may I sugest www.chevelle.com

guys. for the 2002 collector's edition the trans am is coming in yellow, 345 hp and 17inch black 5 spoke mags. it's sick!
and GM's best division is HOLDEN. almost no one knows this division because it's very rare. all there cars are v8's and that is where the catera is from. but in europe it's got a vette v8. and some are more powerful than a vette.
there's the vibe coming out soon,with the engine from the celica gts 180 hp. i'll try and get u guys pics aight

THE FUNNY THING ABOUT DOMESTICS IS IF YOU HAVE AN OLD NOVA OR A CHEVELLE, WITH A LOUD EXHAUST SYSTEM AND OLD RUSTED WHEELS ,THE CAR IS AUTOMATICLY I HEAP OF TRASH. IF YOU PUT A SET OF COOL MAGS (CRAIGAR), IT BECOMES A HOT ROD.

JUST SUMTHING TO THINK ABOUT.

ADAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back