How to make your Cavi fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonfed

Legacy Member
So I've decided, to post. my personal tips on making a 3.1 Chev Cavalier run mid 15's.

fist thing I did was put a high flow airfilter on(P-Flow if you will)
second I upgraded my computer chip. Jet industries makes a nice one. I would sugest getting a 160 degree thermostat to go with it. this will make things run alot nicer.
Third. Exhaust. this is one of the most important mod in my mind. start with a high flow cat(I choose a seabring from a Saturn) then find a high flow muffler mines a vibrabt looks nice and easy on the wallet. REMEMBER TRY TO KEEP YOUR PIPING CLOSE TO STOCK SIZE...BACK PRESSURE IS IMORTANT N THESE CARS.
four. your launch has to be good, I like to bring my rpms up to about 3500 then drop it, I usually catch at 3000..THESE CARS ARE PSYCHO IN TERMS OF TOURQUE...I'M SURE THAT ALMOST ANY CAV CAN BEAT MOST CARS OFF THE LINE OR AT LEAST FOR THE FIRST 60 FEET...

have fun I hope that I'll ahve some competitoin next year....
oh yeah 15.50 with 300,000kms...gotta love a GM

yeah girlie girl we will be there,15seccavi,fastitr,323turbo and my self!!!!!!!!

Re: RE: How to make your Cavi fast!

yeah thats all I have in my car.
Yeah I'll be at the show, look for the Montrealracing booth by the main stage!!

Re: RE: How to make your Cavi fast!

um.. no burn 15 seccav... but I never lost to a cav off the line.. 4 bangner 1.8 all natural (for now hehe)

ever think of dropping a Bonneville ssei motor in a cav your year? Iv heard some where that it could be done.. never saw one done tho... that will give imho killer torque!

Not that I race the Cavi all the times (winter car) but I never got any pesky Honda to pass me from a dead stop. It does consistent 2.30 on the 60 foot at Napi, better than most FWD 4 cylinders cars, including turbo FWD DSMs.

Yeah, well, I meant, not enough to cut me off! ;)

Since I like to brag, I did a 1.59 with the Talon... street tires.

1.59.. WOW!!

gotta get that from end traction system.. (damn wheel hop) but wait no fair you got 4WD

We're not talking about Kurt Johnson's Pro Stock Cavalier!!!!!!

nah we're talking about my dad's car, pro stock car are under 1 second now!

I was just checking !!!
Cause I was at the Keystones and I know the prostock are under 1 sec!!!!

I was hangin at Ray Bartons camp all week end!!!!

Also at WWF camp talking to my buddy .one of the crew..Tony Shortall!!!!!

Of coarse he came by Ray's alot the whole weekend!!!!
Ask him about me he will tell you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back