My car

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coltgt

Here is a what I wnat to do to my 89 colt. the reason that I haven't done anything major yet to my colt(Except for K&N) is for several reason, I am still a poor student and am saving my money for school, and when I got it,that car had alot of km on it, however it is still a good engine i don't want to risk it buy screwing arond to much with it.so here are my plans...I mean dreams

the obvious, Talon trubo, engine swap, however I haven't found a place to do it for less that 2000$, which for me is alot considering its a 11 year old, car

I have though about doing a regular N/A talon engine but then people would laught that I went to all the time and $ and didn't go turbo...

my other option would be to take the injectors and pistons and trubo from a Hyundai scoop, and keep it a 1.5l but with trubo.

the third and costly as hell option is to get the RPW (an austrailian Mitus tuner) throttle body, injectore, etc, bascially their all motor, kit that bump hp to about 125-130, which is fine with me...except that I think that it would be about 1500$ to much coin+the cost of a decent rebuild

I will probally end up just getting N/A Laser, and deal with turbo envie...

sorry for the long post, any suggestion comment would be appreaciated,

also, to anyone who has had a Colt, don't you hate it when they day "du, Dodge moi, je trust pas ca" then I have to explain that its a mitubishi and was accutally made in Japan,

Hey mr. Dodge! ;)

The easy motor swap is for the very rare 89 GT turbo Colt. The 1.6L is almost the same engine as the 2.0L, the stroke, rods and a couple of other things are different.

The good news is that the motor mounts are the same and the 2.0L drops right in place. And better news is that all the sensors and the harness are identical. Just plus everything up, intall a Talon ECU (computer), fuel pump fire her up and go!

However, swaping a turbo motor on a non-turbo car is probably more than a 2000$ project. The non-turbo tranny is tiny, the harness is different, the motor mounts are wrong, etc...

I recommand going to www.dsm.org or www.dsmtalk.com and ask what it takes to do the complete turbo swap.

Good luck!

swap

How much hp is the 1.6, this dude at the shop where I worked always talked big of how is 1.6 laser could go like 240 and bounce off the rev-limiter...I think that was BS, but I didn't say anything becuase I didn"t know that much about DSM, Btw could you reconmend a shop that dose, lots of DSM and that would do the 1.6 swap, one last question, what ever happend to the Quebec DSM club, is there site always down.

92hp

only 92 hp for the 1.8, I am very confused I don't question you its jsut that...oh wait are you talking 92 at the wheels or at the flywheel, because my car has 92hp at the flywheel (original specs), so how could it have .8 more liters of idsplacement and have the same hp.

So for the talon there is the 1.8 the 2.0 and the 2.0 turbo, right?

re

I can't see the page with the HP listings, can you re post the page..

that is weird...

here is my source

4G15 12-valve SOHC 1.5 liter specs.
Bore x Stroke: 75.5 x 82.0mm (2.97" x 3.23")Piston Displacement: 1468cc(89.6 cubic inch)Compression Ratio: 9.2:1Firing Order: 1 - 3 - 4 - 2Valve Timing:
Intake: Opens 15 degrees BTDC
Closes 53 degrees ABDC
Exhaust Opens 57 degrees BBDC
Closes 15 degrees ATDC
ECI-Multi(Electronically Controlled Multi-point Fuel Injection)
Max Power: 69kW @ 5500rpm
Max Torque: 126Nm @ 3000rpm
Horse power: 92Torque: 93

from

mirage1.dreamwater.com/stats.html

Re: that is weird...

Well, that's what I have seen, 92HP for the 1.8L found in *some* cheap DSMs. But really, it's not important. 92HP is nothing if you ask me. Fun starts at 300HP! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back