tranny toyota celica 90 gts 5 vitesse

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyteg67

Legacy Member
transmission de célica gts 90 provenant de osaka, acheter par b.o. Auto facture a l'appuis, la transmission contient les support et le core. Payez 690.15$ jamais utiliser, raison trouver une transmission de célica gts turbo je l'ai acheter il y a même pas une semaine faite une offre vente rapide$$$$$$$$, garantie de 3 moi sur la transmission avec la facture

Huh??? So you a tranny from a 1990 GTS for sale because you replaced it with the tranny from the Turbo???? Sorry to break it to you but the Turbo tranny is 4WD, it won't work with a FWD car. Did I miss something in your original post?

ya

i change a lot of thing in the car, is not ready yet, i got the tranny the engine and everything whos come with it and that i will need for do my modification, just dont need to tell all, i can just tell i have a tranny to sell and don't mention why i sold it.:confused: sorry if that hurt your feeling Mr. "i know all" but if u don't wanna buy it just shut the **** off go make your own tread and talk on it punk:bigup:

Well OK, punk??? I was just asking a question??? If your have some magical way of using a 4WD tranny in a FWD vehicle, more power to you. I'm just trying to help. Good luck mr. Crazy Teg, you'll need it.:bigup: Jerk.:squintfin

OK, I'm just going to drop this. It's not worth my time. For what it's worth, the reason I asked is because I'm looking for an MR2 tranny. I thought that maybe that was what you had. Either way, relax, I'll stop "bothering" you.

thank you

but i don't know if the 90 gts will fit try to ask someone nand get back to me ;), or maybe i can ask my friend if he can get it for you at the scrap, one love man :D :bigup:

Well, actually I need an MR2 tranny for my 90 gts. I'm dropping in a 3SGTE and I need a stronger transmission. If you have any contacts with scrap yards it would be awsome if you could check. Sorry about getting a little harsh before, it's all good:D

Moi je run un 3sgte d'environ 250hp avec un tranny de gts STOCK et j'ai aucun problème.....

Elle est pas mal plus forte que vous penser....

Mais dans quel char??? secret...;)

Well, actually I need an MR2 tranny for my 90 gts
:)

I'll give you the whole story. I've got a 1990 Celica GT-S and I'm swapping in a 3rd gen 3SGTE (255 hp stock, WTA intercooler, CT20b turbo). I've got the engine, ECU and wireing harness and the last thing I need before I can do the swap is a good strong tranny. When I put in the new engine I will also have a short ram intake and a 3' exhaust from the turbo back, that should put me around 275 hp which is more than I wnat to put on my stock tranny.

The best option would be the SW 20 box (mr2 turbo) but they are really hard to find and expensive. I'm also keeping an eye out for a v6 camry tranny, also rare.

Rotary Rockett, you said you had a 2nd gen in your corolla? Do you know the tranny code? How did it hold up? Synchros still good? If it held up well I might re-consider using my stock tranny.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on how it goes and I'm more that happy to hear any suggestions or opinions.

Thanks,

Karel Wegert

but man try to inform yourself

if you see my transmission you will know exactly that is a import of japan tranny and the celica gts tranny from jdm is inbreakable only if you didn't know how to drive and mine is in good condition is can came directly from osaka, come see it before look what rotary rocket say is a good transmission you don't need more:confused:

Man, trust me, I'm informed

If you've got a tranny from a Jspec 90 GT-S, it means that it came off a JDM 3SGE (All Japanese GT-S in 1990 came with that engine). The 2nd 3SGE is roughly 170hp stock NA, which means that the tranny will be a little bit stronger that what I've got right now, but it was never built to handle excess of 260 lb/ft of torque, that's a fact. I've spoken lot's of people in the US that have done 3SGTE swap on 5th gen celicas and used their stock trannies. Some have held but more than one blew to pieces.

To say that your tranny is "unbreakable" is rediculous, there's not such thing. Maybe it would hold and maybe I'll end up taking that risk. I never questioned whether or not you had a good transmission, I'm sure you do and if I run into anyone looking for one I'll let you know.

Seeya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back