tweeter install

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickz24

hey guys,
what's the best place to install a tweeter?

infront of the driver? I guess I'll have to drill a hole to pass the wiring... suggestions?

can I install somewhere else and get the same result as if I had it just infront of me so that I don't have to drill any holes?

by the way any suggestions on good tweeters? I was thinking of the JBL's GTO15T tweeters.

thanks.

drill a hole in your door panel...near the knob to adjust your side mirror..thats where i put mine

I put mine where the side mirrors are attached... I have electrical mirrors so no little stick... I glued them with contact glue... because if you place it low you won't hear as good cause highs are easily stopped by a body... but not bass and mids... but thats just my opinion!

RoadRunner

Originally posted by RoadRunner
I put mine where the side mirrors are attached... I have electrical mirrors so no little stick... I glued them with contact glue... because if you place it low you won't hear as good cause highs are easily stopped by a body... but not bass and mids... but thats just my opinion!

RoadRunner
well, yes you could put them there but it's not where it's going to sound best. It's always best to try and kee a sing point source. Acoustically, this is the best way to do it, but if you just want to get the full range of the sound, then by all means mount them anywhere!

sorry but I'm not a pro! but if you say so then it must be right... cause I know you know a lot more than me 99AltimaGXE!!

:bow:

Originally posted by RoadRunner
sorry but I'm not a pro! but if you say so then it must be right...
that is wrong! Cause I say so.... :D

I have been known to be wrong.... once... ok maybe twice.... ok, ok, lots of times! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back