95 Maxima Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteMK3

Legacy Member
Wondering if anybody knew the specs of the 95 maxima, es, gle, etc. HP, engine options and so on, thanks guys

Originally posted by Saab900t
fastest? Isnt the later ones faster, they have over 220 hp?

they have more weight cause of emission and stuff like that. the 95 had like nothing in it :D then the 96 had to have emission control... and all that fun stuff. :( so it was slower. true though, they have more power the newer models, but the extra weight basically evens it out. personally i think the new new models out might be faster, but by very very little, any other model than 2k2's is slower i'm pretty sure.

i'd rather have a newer model anyways... less chance of stuff breaking down... :D

Just a little Maxima flashback...

The '95 Maxima was the quickest because it was the first one with the VQ (VQ30DE) engine. It had the same horsepower as the old one (VE30DE) which was available on the SE Maxima's since 92, however the VQ had more torque and weighed less because of a shift from cast-iron to high-pressure cast aluminum for the engine block. The 95 Maxima was named car of the year.:bigup:

In '97 the Maxima was redesigned, and that is when the extra weight was added to the vehicle which made it slower. :rolleyes:

In 2000 the Maxima was given the VQ30DE-K engine which was the 222 hp one (227 on the '01 AE because of the exhaust). These were actually also slower than the 95 aswell because the extra hp came mostly from and increase in high-end torque.

In 2002 the new Maxima came out with the 255hp. This is the VQ35DE engine. With 255hp and 246 lb-ft, this is by far the fastest Maxima :cool: . Though you can get a supercharger or a turbo for the 95 and be sick, while no SC is available yet for the '02.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back