Not open for further replies.
J

joeyb16a

i checkedin the shop section and i cant find the advance efi phone number

someone know it?
thanks

yellow sol

thanks
are you the yellow del sol with the turbo, 16 inch monsoon?

we raced once on rene levesque last summer
i had a black civic sir slammed, we spoke for a couple of minute and i told you my next mod was a turbo, remember?

anyways, thanks
joey

Re: yellow sol

I've been looking for that number. Thank you.

advance

would there computer and 4 extra injector on top of my stock would be good with the drag kit, im thinking of thid instead of hondata. Its would be better since my car would run on my stock injector in low boost 12 psi= fuel economy, and on the 8 injectors when im boosting 18psi( on builded bottom end)

Running auxiliary injectors is kinda crude. It will work OK at WOT and full boost if tuned properly but I can't see how the transition from offboost to boost could be smooth...

Besides, all new EFI cars have dry manifolds, meaning that they were never meant for fuel.

IMHO, from what I have read (I never owned a Honda or a Hondata system, but I have experience with all kind of piggyback and some experience with standalones), the Hondata is light years ahead of an auxiliary injector type of system. Besides, will the Advance ECU be able to retard timing? You don't want to run the agressive timing of an atmospheric engine in a high boost turbo application! Can you say BOOM?

BTWm I'm not putting down the Advance EFI system. I still beleive the guy is a genius and I've seen many cars run fast with it. I'm just saying that there are better solutions.

hondata

thanks mononctsi , i will buy the hondata 3b + the 440cc injectors

Re: hondata

yes sir, that system is out dated, and the guys do some ****ty work
i know first hand
S
H
I
T
T
Y JOBS((((((((((((((((((
THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOUR POSSESION. AND NOT TO MENTION DELIVERY DATE,
ITS LIKE ASKING A FAVOUR.
EFI NEVER NEVER

re: hondata

If anyone want's Advance EFI computer I have one with the screen but you'll have to go to Advance EFI to install it!

I use to have the 8 injectors it worked really well ! :)

napoo

Hey famliagtr, I like your cut. Not afraid to give an opinion, that's good. Tell us more about yourself!

turbo

i finally ended up going there to take a look at the kit, and one word, its was impressing, im going with the race kit with the 8 injectors!

napoo tell me a bit about these system, did you had any problem with it, did you run it with your type r or b18b. If the system is that bad why dont we hear bad feedback about it, its also this system that permited some honda in mtl to run 11-12!

well i want it to be known that efi is unreliable, and does ****ty jobs
napoo knows he is always there, for any little adjustments you have to waste your time
and listen to crap talk, while steve smiles all the time or be on the phone.
not to mention , your car is never safe always getting broken locks or scratches
and PROMISES, my goodness, thats an efi logo (OH YEAH/ HMMM /OH YEAH)
get it to the track, very few can make it till elimination, they all break something
and guess what he is never there for tech support, whats that?

turbo

you mean that they dont take care of the car, scratch it etc... Ive heard that efi system are very reliable of you dont push them!! Maby they had problem with it because they were boosting too much. When you go turbo on an honda engine you know one way or an other there will be little bug, like a craqued manifold etc... What kind of probleme did napoo had with is turbo teg?

I have seen some of EFI's work and it wasn't too impressive. Right angle turns in any exhaust pipe is definately a no-no, and i am not talking about a 90 degree smooth curve, I am talking about a L shape pipe which led to Napoo's melt down of his first turbo. Second I think that all the injectors that they use are definate overkill...this just makes you run rich and therefor not optimizing your power. Rather than adding more injectors they should just change the stock injectors with higher flow ones. Some of the injectors that are available today will do the trick up to 800hp. If you have more hp than that you shouldn't be asking these questions.

the only problem is that they are one of a few people in montreal that have turbo experience and that is why people go to them. Soon there will be L-Sport in Isle Bizzard that will be able to help some people.

turbo

i ask for 4 bigger injectors, and steve told me that its was harder to tune the car and unreliable for street application!

i will give you feetback asap

Re: turbo

It is probably unreliable with his computer but definately managable with the Hondata or any other up to date ECU!

Re: turbo

The advance ECU does retard the timing while your boosting, this is what steeve told me.

And i believe what joey said, people are ****en up thei turbo set up cause they cant understand that boosting more than 10 PSI on a HONDA MOTOR is asking for troubles.

You'll probably safe @ 11psi...but for how long?

man, like i said in the other advance post, i wouldn't boost more than 8 psi on the streets, and 10 @ the track, yes 10 at the track, not more...thats for sure.

If you wanna boost more then 10 get forged pistons and rods and the proper fuel management and stop putting the blame on the shop. I'm not saying advance is the best shop out there, but the guy surely knows what he is doing, he cant do ****t even if he tells their customers not to boost more than they're suposed to....its not is fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back