Alpine 7875

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadRunner

Legacy Member
it's me again with another question... I have a friend that's willing to let go his Alpine HU 7875 for 450$ CAN. It's been used 3-4 months and still under warranty. I want to replace my pioneer HU to have sub control options and also to better control the sound that goes to my speakers...

my only doubt is will it be enough to power my front boston rally components? I mean it's 60W X 4... my pioneer is 50W X4... will I see a big difference? sound quality and loudness

also is it a good deal?

tx for answering

RoadRunner

I wouldn't pay that much money just to have 60W instead of 50W. I'll use that money and buy a 4 channel MTX 4244 amplifier :) actually this is what I have and I love this amp!!!

thats a very good HU, far better than anything Pioneer has to offer.

The price seems right, but you should see how much it seels for right now, and evaluate it.

Alpine's user interface is always a little more complicated to use than that of its contenders.. But who cares, once you get use to it, your'e set. And this model offers a lot to play with.

About the 60*4. Its actually 27-30w rms per channel. Which is much more than any other HU on the market. But if you listen loud, that wattage wont be enough for you, especially with BAs.

for 150-200$ you could find a decent amp that does 50-60w rms * 2.

Anyways, it still remains that this HU, is pimp juice.

but I would also get it for the 4V pre-out and the sub control options (bass engine)... it will cost me about 200$ to upgrade... is it worth it?

tx again!

if your serious about sound.. then it obviously is worth.

about the 4v... if you do decide to run an amp, you could use the speaker connections from the HU (28w rms , and hook them up to the amp for signal, it would equate to a 10+ volt signal.)

Ay carumba!

Yes you would have the possibility to controle pretty much everything.

But dude, I cant tell you if its worth it or not.. thats pretty much you who decides.. I can only answer the objective quesitons.

Would I do it? Yes. Sound is very important to me. My currrnt Hu is an Alpine.. Since I can remember, Alpine has always been my number 1 (for HUs.).

as for the loudness... mine is already very loud I find... I'm not missing a lot to be satisfied... and sound quality too... I find mine ok... and today when I listened to the radio in my friend's car I was impressed.. I mean when you use the LPF or HPF (don't remember but it cuts the low frequencies) on the speakers and the bass only comes out from the sub... I mean it's amazing!!! and that's what I want and can't do right now with my HU...

also I found out that my sub plays better when its connected to a sub pre-out rather than a regular amp preout...

anyways I'm still open to comments and opinions!

tx Accord Man for your quick response!

RoadRunner

it seems to me, that the 7875 will fit you just right!

out of curiosity, what subs/amp do you have ?

LPF = LOW pass filter. (as is, it only lets the lower/bass frequencies to pass)

HPF = HIGH pass filter.

yes now I remember... it was a HPF and he could set it between 100 and 180 or something like that... a little bass or no bass at all to the speakers... and I looked up and found out that this unit has blackout mode to shut off the leds and screen... for better power consumption (more for the speakers)

I mean the more I think about it the more I want it!

just have to sell my pioneer now... anybody! for sale section!

RoadRunner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back