WRX Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTIlover

Legacy Member
Howdy Y'all
Does anybody on here know how much it would cost to place a WRX engine into a 1999-2001 2.5 RS frame.
I am interested in the swap but I have no clue prices to calculated into this swap.
If you could tell me the price of the engine, install and motor mounts (if needed)
Thanks a lot guys
Karim

I called Vermont Sports Car and they quoted me 5300$ to install and tune the motor!!!! I think they are insane, and I am gonna do the install myself! If you dig up any interesting info, let me know. If you have any questions I can tell you what I have learned so far. chrisjh19@hotmail.com

All depends on where ya get one from....
If you get the engine from the dealer....probably pushin' 10-12K minimum. 4-5K on the street maybe??? dunno. I've seen trannys' go for 2K US$.....its crazy
JDM WRX STI for 7K US$ mmmmmm 280bhp!!! nice!

Don't buy one off the street because it might be mine. My WRX got stolen this Monday after having it for a whopping 6 days.

hold ressurection batman

my friend wants to do this swap, is there any more info available to his original questions?

where, howmuch, etc...

I did the swap in my car, it's all bolt on so it's not that hard doing it yourself. Check out this link for some info: http://www.montreal-subaru-club.com/

The only problem I had was the wiring. I paid a guy to do it for me. Cost me 700$ and no check engine yet (been running for a good 7000km now). It's runs really good and I would not go for a STI engine for the amount of money the go for, just get a WRX engine and keep your tranny and it will run in the 13s stock. If you are looking for a place to get an engine, my friend has a scrap yard so I can get you one but it's expensive. WRX swaps are going for 7 to 8000$ (complete swap). The guy charging 5300$ for the swap is crazy. It took me 4 hours to take my 2.5 out and swap in the WRX engine, tranny, brakes, rear end, suspension etc... without breaking a sweat. Yes I'm used to doing swaps so this might take you longer but it's all bolt on so it's not a big deal to swap one except for the wiring.

the thing is, i have a garage at my parents house, but they are moving really soon, so without that, my friend has nowhere to do the swap, and no tools either, so he was really looking for a garage to do it in,
the other problem is that his 2.5rs is an automatic, so he would be doing the manual conversion at the same time.

he told me he found a wrx complete motor with tranny for something like 2500

Well a complet WRX swap for 2500$ is stolen crap for sure so if he want's to go that way, what ever but tell him to be carefull of what he buys. He will need the tranny and rear end to keep the same ratio (the ratio in the tranny and rear end must match).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back