remote wire on sound system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant81

i would like to know when u connect the remote wire runs along the side of the car with the power wire. now the remote wire has to be connected directly in back of the radio (i have a deh-p6400) or i can connect it somewhere else. also if it's connected directly in back of the radio is it the yellow wire? and do i have to connect the remote wire with the factory wire and radio wire all together? Thank you for your help:)

It's best to connect the remote of the amp to the radio. I don't recall what colour it was on the back of the radio, I believe it was blue. However check on pioneers website, they have the wiring diagrams. You can also connect the remote wire straight up to the ACC on your ignition, since that is where the radio gets it;s power from. The remote is basically just any 12 volt source, it can be wired straight to the battery if you like, but in that case it would permanently stay on without a relay or a switch.

But my suggestion is to go straight from the radio.

99% of the time its blue.. (even on upscale models..)

Like 99AltimaGXE, I would hook it up to the radio.. thats the way its meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back