turbo 323---]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacey

www.handlerwheels.com
In Ile bizard, there's this white 323 hatchback GTX. 4 wheel drive, same rims as yours, little roof spoiler. Very nice...i was wondering if this car has the same engine as yours?

ya i saw it there yesterday. if its stock it should have a 1.6L dohc low compression (7.9/1). a small intercooler and awd. the boost on the mazda 323 turbo is around 8-9psi stock. it your hard on the tranny of an awd it will destroy itself. 5000for a new one. if you have any questions about a 323turbo, just ask me ive got lots of info on them includind what mods give what gains.

adam.

How much does this car go for (on the average?) I've always loved these cars....and as you know...the potentiel is crazy! Maybe a next years project? What years was this car made?

if its in good condition around 3-4000$
stock hp was 132@8psi.

cone filter and exhaust system bring you to 10psi.

hp to psi ratio is around 8-9hp per psi

im running with a ecu upgrade at 16psi.

adam.

p.s the awd is abit slower than the 2wd.

Are you running the stock turbo and internals?
If i do buy this car..it'll be for track events as well as rally! I've seen quite a few of these in main rally events and they always do pretty good! I'm willing to sacrifice a little acceleration for handling.

Do you know of a website that's got alot of info on these bitches??

THX

turbo?

I'm thinking of getting a 323 for my first car (well second technically) and judging by some of the posts here did they come from the factory with a turbo?

Re: turbo?

I call this picture "quiet but loud".
14.16@102.8mph

DSCF1463.JPG

woah! that looks my buddies car!

he had a red 87 nt hatchback, i made him buy it cause it was a rare find, all it was missing was the turbo motor.

Then i found him the four door sedan with many mods, for $1800 canadian dollars, i made him buy that too. He kept whining , "i want a turbo" cause ive got a turbo colt, my buddy has a turbo talon, this other guy we met has a turbo 323, ......

he got t- boned in a mall, we found an original sedan shell, silver, and did the complete change over of parts to the shell.
We havent timed this car yet, but its fast. It keeps up with the low 14sec talon my friend has.

one problem with the 323 is, I know nothing about this car. I know it has Jspec intake mani, port/polish head, lowered compression)thicker gasket), ported US throttlebody, stock injectors, mx6 turbo and IC, JE pistons, forget what rods it has. Lightened stock flywheel, aprox. 13lbs.

slotted front rotors/discs, H&R springs, and GR2s.

Lots of other stuff.
BUT, i cant get it to boost past ten! and has lotsa lag. first gear can only see about 6psi, and tops out 10 psi in all other gears, Very sensitive throttle responsive, very torquie.

Like i said, we never tracked this car,(cause of the accident) what should it more or less run? high 14's? It sure feels like it.

What other reasons would it be for only boosting 10psi????

Common TURBO323, its time to serve up one of your custom boost controlers!! Looks like some competition.

he has JE pistons ??? wow. ya i make and sell a custom boost controller if you want, 40$ and you can adjust boost from 10 to 20psi.

ive got a boost controller, but his car doesnt seem to wanna boost past ten, is there some restrictor somewhere? Is there something kind of boost creep limitor??

the car has seen better days, its going thru oil, i think its the turbo's seals that are gone.
Compression is 120 across all four cylinders. wet and dry tested. Most likely the turbo is gone, BUt it still goes like stink.
Ill have pics soon, were painting the car this weekend, the last owner had a nasty huge wing on the trunk(its being removed) and different colour hood and fender.

After its painted, ill take lotsa pics and post them up :) :p

the stock ecu will give off a buzzer noise if you boost past 11.5psi. the stock fuel system cant support more than 12psi. something must be wrong with your friends setup.

hey adam. this is phill and ive got the beast from the easti have the new GTR motor from
japan. it cama with the AWD tranny and all, i have the ecu and a turbo timer,
i will be cleaning it up ant getting some pics, and let all the guys wantin one droule
any way you can come by and look at the beauti.
dr.phill

oh ya!! the Dr. is in da house!!!!! cool , you got it!
i'll try to swing by this week.

yes im so excited im ready to put it in and drive it lol
but i want to go with the sds system, and forget about the MAF system
i also will be taking my apexi system out of my stealth and running that for air/fuel control
now i may even have to change my inter cooler, the hoses that came with this engine is
3 inch and mines is 2.5inch, i may have this guys in grandby make me a custom i/c front
mounted.
i have lots of plans for the mazda, this year,, i think the stealth will have to wait a bit
or i will do them both and drag them,different days, my stealth is under the knife right
now, the engine is out and dismantled, im changing the crank with a new steel forge and im having it shotpeened, along with some new rods,and 6 jE pistons, the heads will be ported out to the
maximum allowable,and the block well im still considering if it should go 3.1tt or stocktt
anyway i will see you and we will talk a bit more.
dr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back