Protege 5 brakes?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA 16v

My question:

Why are the back brakes bigger than the ones in the front on the Mazda Protege 5?

Pa

i dont know why they are bigger but the only things I know is that the ABS is very piece of @#%$. this winter i will unplug the ABS and put 4 cross drilled brakes on

martinprot5

i think youre wrong... they arent bigger but the diameter looks the same and they arent ventilated there is a big difference and also there is a brake pressure controler that modifies the brake pressure applied to the rear brakes and youre information on the braking distance i dont know where you got it but i find it a little too long.

nop the rear disk brake are .1" bigger than the front ones but it wont makes a differences because of the @#%$ abs

martinprot5

anyways the front ones are ventilated and the back ones not

also there is more pressure applied to the front ( thank god ;) ) i dont think it does anything special that the rear brakes are bigger

Back when the Protege 5 came out, it had the best brakes in it's class, it was one of it's strong points. I have one and I can't complain about the brakes, they brakes much better than my Integra did and even better then my WRX. I think the numbers you got are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back