Someone HELP ME with all these choices!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iraqimoe

Legacy Member
Hey wassup

So i'm in the market for some SUBS/AMPS but I don't know what to chose!!! The thing is, I have a stock BOSE system that is AMAZZZZZING in quality, so I want to compliment it with some nice SUBS so I wown't screw up the quality....

Let's say I have a 2000$ budget for this (preferably 1500$ :rolleyes: )......

I checked out the links 99AltimaGXE posted, it helped a bit but still.....

I guess I'm going for a nice amp and 2 12" subs or something... I'm goin for SQ like I said before... Don't just want to hear POUNDS....

If anyone has any opinions on what AMP/SUBS would go well with my current system... help me out!! :D

p.s. Who sells JL audio subs in montreal? a friend of mine purchased a nice 10" sub with an amp from JL and DAMNNNNNNN that thing sounds amazing....

THANKS! ;)

I sell the brand Coustic
www.coustic.com

They are amazing for the price and the SQ is really good, their amp are crazy if you compare to other brands...

I could build you a great sound system for a really good price.

If you want something else I can sell it to you too but I suggest to you Coustic.

Precision Acoustics sells JL..
(2110 Marcel-Laurin boul)

What car do you drive?

in any case..

What I'd suggest would be 2 * JL 12W3 v2 in a SEALED box (ported will be a good deal louder, but the sound isnt nearly as clean).

and for amplification, the JBL bp 600.1 (not too expensive, but a solid amp)
It does 600w rms at 2 ohms (mono amp).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Coustic, they are ok.. Well actually, their amps are ok.. Not exactly titans, but will run trouble free. However, sorry to say, but the rest is crapperoni.

iraqimoe, judging from what you seem to want (JL), coustic isnt exactly in the same league..

Last edited:
I drive a 98 Maxima SE

and yeah, not too sure about Coustic, never really heard about it.... and it doesn't help that the site says the subs are "DESIGN IS 50% SCIENCE AND 50% MAGIC" :rolleyes:

Thanks accord man for the info's

I might be getting the stuff overseas if it's cheaper... so i wanted to know which models of amps and subs I should get price listings for...

thanks again ;)

Originally posted by patrickz24
where on marcel laurin is precision acoustic? near bombardier? dunken donut?

thanks.

umm, from salabary, before bombardier... i think, can someone confirm?

Originally posted by iraqimoe
I drive a 98 Maxima SE

and yeah, not too sure about Coustic, never really heard about it.... and it doesn't help that the site says the subs are "DESIGN IS 50% SCIENCE AND 50% MAGIC" :rolleyes:

Thanks accord man for the info's

I might be getting the stuff overseas if it's cheaper... so i wanted to know which models of amps and subs I should get price listings for...

thanks again ;)

the combo i suggested is quiet good..

but if you tell me more of what exactly you want.. what do you like.. type of music you listen to.. Your ideal home stereo system..
I could give you more syggestions..

DESIGN IS 50% SCIENCE AND 50% MAGIC

I find this cute.. :doh: :bigup:

hey accord man... thanks for the reply

I listen to HIP/HOP, Rap, R&B
and also on the other hand
lots of HOUSE/TRANCE

basically I want the subs for the HIP/HOP etc.
It's the only thing I enjoy listening to with a lot of bass...

Basically i'm not going for just noise, more sound quality, I'm even thinking about just one sub instead of 2... but a really good sub tho... like i said, something to complement my bose speakers which are really high SQ...

I guess like you said the JL's should do... but what about JBL subs? Infinity? Alpine (if they make subs :dunno: )?

Thanks again...

did you ever buy a system or what???

I have my entire system for sale.

-2 x 1000 Sony Xplod amps

-2 x 12" Alpine TYPE R dvc subs + box

-1 farad power cap (Phoenix Gold)

-Alpine 3 1/2" speakers with tweeters

-4 gauge stinger wiring kit with fusable link + amp splitter

-Pioneer CD Player (brand new).....i'll get the model # later tonight....its the ones with the Dolphins swimming on the screen.

I'm trying to sell it all in one shot for around 1600$ or so.....i can sell separatly too if the offers are good!

Ok for subs

-JL W3s: Good for price
-JL W6s: nice sound, handle alot of power but kinda pricey
-Memphis Studios: SQ is awesome but don't handle too much power
-Diamond M6 or M5: Amazing SQ, handles lots of power but pricey
-a/d/s 312rs.2: Best SQ, high price
-DEI Studio: Very good SQ, handles lots of power

Also check out Boston Acoustics and Xtant

For Amps check out lines from Memphis, DEI, Xtant, and the best amp manufacturer on the planet (IMHO) Precision Power.

A combo of any of these will give you amazing punchy bass, not boomy crap where your whole car buzzes.

Hope this helps

only my experience...

I had a Boston Acoustics 12,5LF sub in a 1cu feet sealed box... sounded amazingly clear!! for all type of music!!

now if one is not enough you could get 2...

thats my opinion based on little experience...

If I were you I would stay away from 12" subs if you want SQ. I've installed a few systems in my life, and for SQ, 2 x 10" subs in a sealed box is definately the way to go. After a while of listening to 12" subs, you get annoyed.

2 x 10" subs in a sealed box, a powerful amp, and a capacitor, that's all you need. You'll get some amazingly tight bass that will punch like crazy, you'll still get some rumble, but you'll enjoy it a lot more than 12" subs.

Originally posted by firewall
If I were you I would stay away from 12" subs if you want SQ. I've installed a few systems in my life, and for SQ, 2 x 10" subs in a sealed box is definately the way to go. After a while of listening to 12" subs, you get annoyed.

2 x 10" subs in a sealed box, a powerful amp, and a capacitor, that's all you need. You'll get some amazingly tight bass that will punch like crazy, you'll still get some rumble, but you'll enjoy it a lot more than 12" subs.
I'm not throwing out any suggestions whatsoever in this post... but I just want to clear things up!

What firewall posted is a COMPLETE and total MYTH! It's also false... I know SQ systems that run on single 15"-ers... It's all in the setup, oh and that 15" was ported too btw. With a low tuning frequency, you can run a ported box JUST as good as any sealed one. Some just prefer sealed, other ported.

Also keep in mind that this car was professionally done and built for REAL SQ, not the kinda most of you ever talk about. SQ is not the same as clear/clean sounding. Definition of SQ has to do with a full system being able to play the FULL RANGE of frequencies (20-20k hz). SQ systems also use powerful EQs with many bands to control different frequencies.The goal in SQ, is also to keep a flat curve throughout the spectrum. This will make it so that the bass COMPLETES the music, and not take it over!

Personally I cannot drive with an SQ system tuned properly, I need a little more on the low and high end of things. I like a little boom like the next guy, thats why I don't see too much of a point in having a completly SQ based sub. Most GOOD subs can play to your needs, if anything I would suggest spending a little more time and/or money on the box design/research.

Last edited:
Well in that price range..I would definately opt for a single High quality 12" sub and a Clean class a/b amp.. Subwoofer choices are near infinite here.. but a good sub/amp combo in your price range... I'd suggest a single JL 12W6V.2 and a JL500/1 . Installed with box and wiring should be right near that $1800 mark.. it will deliver plenty of boomin power when needed and will sound very clean and tight while doing so..

Talk to Dan at JD Car stereo..he can be haggled with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back