Amplifier Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Type-S

Hi!
I just bought a 1200 watt amplifier and I would like to know if I can use the same installation wires as the 300 watt amp?

technically NO! :D

you'll need at least a new power wire and fuse....

But when you say 1200W is that in RMS or at it's peak power? What kind of amp is it?

K, thanks a lot :bigup:

And it's 1200 Watts Peak Power, I'm using it to power 2 Pioneer 600 Watts Peak Power subwoofers.

And I got the amplifier for 20$, I bought it off my uncle, it's a Pyramid, I know, I know, the brand name sucks and all, but I've had Pyramid for a year now, just Pyramid amplifiers, and they never let me down. So I consider them good, I'm going to have everything installed by next week, if you guys wanna see it at Lafleurs, I'll be there. I saw someone else with 2 12" subwoofers, just like mine, it's in an Integra, I don't remember if it's a Type-R. Very nice car though :bigup:

Yeah, hid_kits has those subs. Although that 1200W peak amp doesn't tell us much. I need a model number or something. Peak power means nothing!

I always recommand with amps to use at least 8 gw wires. so if you already have it, then it's just great, keep using them.

I just looked at the amp details. They don't help us much more.... but what can you expect from a 3rd rate company like pyramid! I don't suggest you buy this amp. And definetly not to power subs. I don't even think it'll put out 300W when it's bridged! Your better off spending the money and getting something half decent! I know you've had no quality/breakdown issues, but they will come. But the main thing is your missing out on alot of sound!

I second 99AltimaGXE... save that money and wait... I'm sure you'll find something better for a little price too... keep an eye on the for sale section... and also check www.canadiancaraudio.com (check the for sale section in their forum too)... I got a good deal there for my speakers... I'm sure you'll find too

IMO

RoadRunner

K thanks guys, for the help :bigup:

I'm going to use this amplifier though, I got nothing to lose, except for 20$, so it won't change much. Once I get it installed, I'll see if it kicks as hard as that Integra that I saw. If it does, well I guess I got a good deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back