Motorcycle License

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Legacy Member
How does it work to get a motorcycle license? How much does it cost? How long till you have it? Is there a temporary license for it?

Thanks

Grand total was 460.10$ for me at LAUZON
FIrst, you have 2 classes of 3 hours theory, then 1 class of computer questions. Once you are ready, you go take the theory exam at SAAQ, If you succeed you get the 6R.
6R is only so you are able to ride a motorcycle during a CLASS.YOu can't ride a bike with this on the street (except during a motorcycle course with an instructor).
AFter a month of owning the 6r, you are able to pass the exam in closed circuit. Basically, you just turn right and left, brake hard, do circles etc.....and you get 6A (which is like the learner's permit for cars). THis time you are able to ride a bike without a passenger behind you, ONLY IF there's a license holder for more than 2 years on another bike in a radius of 300 feet from you.......
After 7 months, you are ready to take the road test and get your full license.........:bigup:
I can't wait for my 7 months and they just started:(

I'm so happy I did mine under the old system. Just a closed circuit test and voila, real liscence in my pocket.

I paid $430 including taxes at Cite.
But they dont have any classes empty. I received my 6R seven weeks ago but couldn't practice yet.

When does SAAQ stop doing Motorcycle Riding tests?
Around October, November???

Earlier than that. I remember I took mine the last exam of the year when I did it. It was on an october 3rd, so I'm guessing around end of september early october . It cost me a big ol' 39$ tx in for the exam on the closed circuit.

Originally posted by 18Turbo
its a very slow long process, Its like they do not want motorcycles on the road
Yes and i heard it's only going to get harder and harder to get a bike license....:(

If that's true, I suggest you guys go out and get it as soon as possible.

But if they force people to take numerous classes that's not all bad. Better riders right from the get go.

hey guys,

can you elaborate on the close circuit exam? is it hard? i heard that you need to perform emergency maneuvers. is 18 hours practical barely enough/enough/plenty enough to pass the exam?

IT consists of ~8 exercises, basically they are easy, it's the ones you practiced so much during your course,
You'll have to ride between lines not touching them, stop your front wheel in a box(don't touch the lines), you have to accelerate in a curve, then you have to do an emergency brake in a straight line, then you have to "counter-steer" an obstacle, after this you have to do an emergency brake in a curve and finally you do circles...

The emergency braking exercises and counter-steering are controlled by arrows and lights, so you have to be going 20-30km/h and when the light turns on, you stomp on the brakes or counter-steer depending on the exercise you are doing.....

Some exercises are timed, like the circles at the end, the acceleration in the curve, and i believe you cannot take your time in the first 2 exercises.....

Practice enough during the classes and you'll get it...

Good luck:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back