All Wheel Drive Launching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

How is the launch with AWD? Is there alot of spinning or just gripping? In FWD Hondas, we have to spin like mad so we don't grip out of vtec, otherwise it's a bog.

Spinning ??? hehe we leave that to FWD. hehe ;)
We drop the clutch at 5500-6000rpm, and the worst we will get in spinning is about half the turn of the wheel..
Stock with my RS, I was doing my 0-60 feet in 2.02 sec.. No need for slick tire.. Some good ****ty stock RE92 was doing the work..
after that, with the turbo, its spin a little bit more.. change half a turn for 1 turn of the wheel. hehe ;) done 1.7sec 0-60feet with my turbo at low pressure...

thats about it.. hehe ;) but after we have start. the AWD reduce our power by a lot.. Its heavy, and loose a lot of power in the drivetrain..

later
Mike M

Damn, 1.7 60 ft. I'm doinf froggen 2.3s.

Are you the one with the blue turbo with the big body it and everything else?

Yup Danny, thats my car.. I have to go try it back on the 1/4 mile now..

if you want to see some video of this weekend race track.. check it out here :
216.149.233.131/video.htm

More should be added soon..

take care
Mike M

"SNAP" ...goes the clutch!! remember that wrx at napierville? That shouldn't happen should it? I've heard it's a common problem on subarus.

Thats what I am afraid of!
It just seems so unnatural and wrong to be reving that high and just rocket forward without any spin. You almost have to be wearing a neckbrace when you release the clutch! I've been trying to find out if its bad for the transmission, but I've gotten mixed answers from all the WRX owners I've talked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back