1979 Oldsmobile Toronado, 350 V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
t tu certain que c traction avant ?

sure this car is a fr wheels drive?

Good luck for the sale very clean car

BUMP

Deathroll you are stupid, don't open your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about. It is a front-wheel drive car. look it up. If you don't believe me give me your email I'll send you pictures of what the car looks like underneath.

What the hell is so freaking hard to understand?!?

The Toronado was introduced in 1966 as a first in Front Wheel Drive cars, they thought back then this was the way of the future so PLEASE if you have doubts do some research and try to learn a bit about car history *banghead*

The car was sold about a week ago. God damn guys, its a front wheel drive car. As far as I know the Toronado was the first american front wheel drive car, and possibly the only one on a full frame (the caddy eldorado was on the same chassis, as was the later riviera's). The transmission is behind and underneath the engine, there are drive axles coming out of it that go to the front wheels. There is no differential in the back, and there is no drive shaft going to it. And the rear suspension is independant to boot. If the pictures were still up you would see there is no hump in the middle of the floor, because there is no driveshaft.

Then it's 8 cylinder, not a V8. The 8 cylinder 4.7L might be the FWD. In 1979 they had RWD on V8s.. refer to the websites above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back