what will you build if you had the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickz24

let's say you have 5000$ canadian of course ;) to bulid your car audio system, what will you buy and how will you build it?

ideas/comments ?

take care.

Hah! Thats it? $5000?

Subs: 2 x Focal Utopia 33WX (pricing is in my car. I have brochure that Focal mailed to me.)

Components: Focal Utopia 165W3 ($1800+ USD, MSRP)

Midbass Driver: Vifa PL18WO09-04 ($250+ USD, MSRP)

Sub Amp: PPI PCX-1500 or PCX-2400 ($1600+ CAD, MSRP)

Component + Midbass Amp: PPI PCX-4125 ($1600+ CAD, MSRP)

Head Unit: Either Denon DCT-R1 or McIntosh MX406 ($2000+ CAD, MSRP)

* May change amps for Audison, but for now, PPis are good enough! Rear speakers will remain stock, unless a full mutimedia system is decided upon. Also note that none of this pricing includes Installation (with this type of equipment, it's going to be custom installed, and I aint doing it myself if I'm paying this much for the equipment), wiring, distrobution blocks, or crossover ($400 USD... PPI has a nice one that I like, yet so does PG). ...almost forgot, I will want an EQ for all this... nothing less the 30band... possibly 2, one for the left (F+R), and one for the Right (F+R).... 30 bands each.

Should a full mutimedia system be opted for, add another couple thousand in screens, DVD player, rear speakers, and 2 channel amp to power them, as well as a center channel! (all this could come to about $5000 CAD alone, not including the above mentionned equipment).

Ok, is this more what you wanted for dream systems? As you can see, when you want to step up with the big boys, $5000 dollars is not nearly enough. And this is JUST ENTRY LEVEL. I could have gone a lot bigger. I'd even opt for another 10" subwoofer in the front doors, but that would involve some majot custom work... (more $$$).

Either way, thats my start!

HU : Alpine CDA-7990 (thats right, Alpine -- beauty/controle/ all around quality)

Midbass : Veritas AB-218 8" (or the SEAS LOTUS 8".. tough one.)

the rest would be pretty much identical to 99's setup.

lets c im gonna just type it roughly not 2 technical

2 12'' eclipse or rockford fosgate

2 alpine v12 amps

and an alpine t.v

Originally posted by bruno2000
XS Autotek 21 inches sub with earthquake 3000w amp. SQ? huh? never heard of that... :D
uhmmm and your gonna do what with them??? drive around with earplugs all day pusing 160db? Sorry some of us have taste!

Originally posted by 99AltimaGXE

uhmmm and your gonna do what with them??? drive around with earplugs all day pusing 160db? Sorry some of us have taste!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rainbow Pro components ($1200)
2 Eclipse 88120's($950)
1 Arc 1500D-R($1300)
1 Arc2100CXL($650)
Eclipse 8051 HU($850)
Eclipse 21010 in Dash EQ. ($329)

three 70sq.ft rolls of Brown Bread and sound deaden your entire car in at least 2 layers..($660 shipped)

A Little over budget..but als wiring and properly built subwoofer enclosure is extra as well..

^^^^^^My System^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back