MA Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromkrypton

Legacy Member
What do you guys think about MA Audio amps? I just got one at a great price and am wondering if I should be happy about it. I know that it looks great and it powers my subs perfectly (with the gain at about 25%). Just want to know what everyone else thinks about MA Audio cause I don't seem to see a lot of it around Montreal.

Thanks

Heres a quick pic of my MA Audio MA4082HX amp, subs and cap.

trunkoverview.JPG

That a great amp.. and it's REALLY pwerful. Bridged it does 900 @ 4ohms. And 1500W and 2500W at 2ohm and 1 ohm accordingly.

Seperatly the 2 channels are both stable down to 0.5ohms, and bridged it's stable down to 1 ohm. Only problem is, I would think it would draw some major current when running down a 1ohm at a loud volume. Hope your altenator can handle it. Although it depends on what you subs are wired too... 2ohm/4ohm/8ohm??? Are the subs the MTX 6000 or 8000 series?

My subs are wired into a 1 ohm load. They are the 8000 series. I'm getting rid of them as soon as I can save enough for the 3 12 inch Audiobahn flames I want.

hey krypt from where are you going to get your audiobahns? I wans some too but it depends on the price.

anyways let me know.

take care.
oh and by the way, a major step with audiobahn subs would be to change your alternator, that's what I'm going to do.

Originally posted by patrickz24
hey krypt from where are you going to get your audiobahns? I wans some too but it depends on the price.

anyways let me know.

take care.
oh and by the way, a major step with audiobahn subs would be to change your alternator, that's what I'm going to do.

I got a hookup down in Texas. Getting everything at wholesale, problem is that shipping is a byatch. At least the guy(my cousin) I get my stuff from marks it as gift or sample so no customs.

hummm... I don't know about that man. what happens if you burn a sub? you'll have to wait months to get a new sub. I was thinking about buying on ebay but it's not better. you don't pay much but you'll have to pay a taxe when you get the product... damn taxes!!

hummm... I don't know about that man. what happens if you burn a sub? you'll have to wait months to get a new sub. I was thinking about buying on ebay but it's not better. you don't pay much but you'll have to pay a taxe when you get the product... damn taxes!!

I honestly never pound my stereo really loud, so I'm not affraid of blowing a sub.

Check out my ride, tell me what you think.

Pics of my ride on another forum

take care.
The # of subs has nothing to do with the current fraw on the alternator. It will all depend on the load of the amplifer. If he wires the subs to 1 ohm or less then it will draw more. But anything higher (since he's wired at 1 ohm now) won't cause anymore problems then he would be having now!

it looks great man. me too I've spend too much $$ on my sound system. I will probably stop for now but continue in 2 or 3 months.

it looks great man. me too I've spend too much $$ on my sound system. I will probably stop for now but continue in 2 or 3 months.

Hahahaha. It never seems to end!!!!!! Oh well

Originally posted by 99AltimaGXE

The # of subs has nothing to do with the current fraw on the alternator. It will all depend on the load of the amplifer. If he wires the subs to 1 ohm or less then it will draw more. But anything higher (since he's wired at 1 ohm now) won't cause anymore problems then he would be having now!

Yup yup, I'd never go below the rated 1 ohm. Don't want to risk burning anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back