damn windshield washer pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoYaL FLuSH

car is an 89 s13. last year the windshield washer pump was replaced with a universal pump. it worked fine until this past summer when my low offset mesh wheels rubbed up against it and broke it off.

today i bought the same exact universal pump and installed it. i turn the car on and when i pull the windshield washer lever i hear the pump working, i hear the washer fluid in the reservoir bubbling, but nothing comes out of the washers. all hoses and wires are hooked up correctly. hoses and washer nozzles are clean and free of debris.

can anyone lead me in the right direction to figure out where the problem is? need help! i'm fed up and about to take it to the garage and let them figure it out but dont wanna pay for sumthing like this. *banghead*

nevermind... turns out the hoses werent hooked up correctly... thats why i heard the fluid in the reservoir was bubbling... the flow was reversed... *banghead* *banghead* *banghead*

well, atleast it works now... and in other news i also fixed my hatch so that it pops open now! :bigup:

Last edited:
RoYaL FLuSH said:
nevermind... turns out the hoses werent hooked up correctly... thats why i heard the fluid in the reservoir was bubbling... the flow was reversed... *banghead* *banghead* *banghead*

well, atleast it works now... and in other news i also fixed my hatch so that it pops open now! :bigup:
where did you buy that pump cuz i need one mines busted *tu*

i checked for an oem pump at nissan and it was like 70 bucks or some sh!t... i got this universal pump at canadian tire for $17.99 and it does the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back