how powerful each amp should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickz24

all right,
I have 2 subs pioneer premier (300RMS 1200MAX). I had 2 pioneer ... 140 or 160W amplifiers at 4 ohms and now I'm moving to probably 2 MTX 8100d amps they can give me 500W at 12v at 4 ohms or at 14v they can give me 750 W.

In my opinion this is more than enough for each sub right? I mean I'll never push my subs this hard or else they'll just blow.

comments please.

thanks.

it is way too much, you just need one amp dude. I drive two Coustic 400 RMS with that amp and I could easily drive 3 and roughly drive 4 of them so yuou little 300 RMS sub won't take two of those amps. Even with one, at 2ohm this amp pounds about 1500RMS at 14.4v so.........

And this amp is underrated because each MTX amp comes with a hand written test of the amp you just bought and mine is rated a 1267RMS at 2ohm at 12.5 volt so you can guess that it's about 1600 or even 1700rms at 2ohm at 14.4 volt

What's the point in buying two 81000? If your not going to push your subs whats the point in having 2000w??? :dunno: Will your alternator even be able to deliver the amps the these suckers draw? And you do know they recommend using 0 guage for this amp, you know how expensive 0 guage wire is?

What kind of subs are planning on running?

Anyways if your still considering buying them pm pkelly84 he sells them and has good prices

well this dumb seller at "EVOLUTION" at laval told me that I need 2 JBL 1200.1 amps for each of my subs!!! I didn't bought anything from him because my subs were doing GREAT with 1 pioneer amp each so I was just curious to know if I was missing something here!! I knew that I didn't need that much but wasn't sure after all he owns the shop so he's supposed to know much more than I do!

anyways I know now where not to go anymore!

He obviously wasn't listening to what you wanted for your system. He just saw someone who wasn't sure what they wanted and tried to get the most money out of you. I hate people like that...

pkelly84, is right on..

you run those 2 subs at 2ohms and you'll have enough power to blow the dust caps off into space.

It's alway a little safer to send a little more power to your drivers, but that sounds like overkill. It also REALLY depends on the kind of sound your looking for. It also depends on the output your looking for! Many amps begin to peak out, and get distorted around their max RMS output, this is what leads to subs "melting" :D I do however see that the sales guy at that store tried to simply suck money out of you.

Should you still be looking for amps, (I've been recently looking into these), is what pkelly84 sells. The coustic lineup of amps have impressed me. Although sacrifices are to be made. If I'm correct (Phil can hopefully confirm this for me), the Coustic amps use a bi polar output, whereas most other amps use MOSFET. the thing is, MOSFET is cheaper to make a lot of power. Bipolar design draws a lot of current that doesn't necessarily go to the output, it is cleaner but more expenssive and inefficient. Anyways, I'm still in the researching stage, since it's been awhile since I've had any money to buy equipment! :D (got my debts to pay).

* This is based on last years model amps. This year they have some new D-lock amps, of which I don't know much upon.

Well If you're willing to spend that much on amps as well.. I would more highly reccomend getting an MTX6500D (they put out about 750Wrms at 13.8 volts) and get better subs :)..750Wrms is a plenty dude..just for the cost of 2 8100's you can be running a 6500D (any cars electrical system can handle this) and get much better subs..

Cheers
Mohawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back