sub??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant81

what does it mean when your listening to music and all of a suden your sub shuts off? is it because my amp isn't powerful enough for my sub. it only happens when im listening to the music loud for a long time. all i do after is shut it off and turn it back on and everything is ok. by the way i have a pioneer deh-6400 radio,a kenwood 350 maximum power Kac-629S, and a sony xplod 800w maximum input power XS-L1235

this is probably your amp that is overheating, it auto shutting off, heats down and turns back on and it's ok. This is probably the amp that isn't powerfull enough.

Originally posted by pkelly84
this is probably your amp that is overheating, it auto shutting off, heats down and turns back on and it's ok. This is probably the amp that isn't powerfull enough.
yeah most probably. Also could be voltage drop, bad ground, or too much of a load on the amp. Cheap amps tend to have trouble with really low frequencies at moderate to loud volumes. Possibly a more powerful, and better quality amp will fix this. It's not always from overheating, it depends on when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back