Shop pour Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

md136

Legacy Member
Bon ok !
Jai Une mustang 5L HO ok ... pis au printemps je démonte le moteur et je le fait Rebuild ! vue les bearing de moteur on lacher ! FAq en meme temps je voudrait p-e ajouter un peu de puissance ! rien dexagéré la ! juste un peu !!!
Faq jaimerais savoir ou vous me conseiller daller pour acheter des piece de performance pour du ford !!! ??? Pcq jai pas trouver de shop pour ford c toute du honda Etc ! mais pour ford ou faut aller???? je suis de longueuil ! faq assez proche si possible !

Bon jattend vos réponse !!!
Pis en meme temps koi de devrait changer ?? si jai un 1000$ 1500$ a mettre ... qui me donnerait plus de puissance mais en gardant ma fiabilité !
Jsais ma pas aller loin ak 1000$-1500$ mais c se que jai a mettre pour le moment !!! Faq dite moi se que je pourrait faire !

Merci !!!!
Cya

best bang for the buck is nitrous si tu reste avec 100 125hp ya pas de probleme

sinon jte dirai des bonne tete pour 1500 si tu cherche tu devrait pouvoir trouve de koi.p-e achete use aussi je c que ya les afr185 pis afr 165 qui son 2000$
une bonne pair de tet va te donner environ 45hp+ hp dependen si son porter ou pas et tes autre mods

tu peut change ton upper and lower intake pour un gt-40($1000),performer rpm,holley systema 2 il von donner environ 25-30hp et + si porte

yen plein de mods que tu peut faire changer tes injecteur(sotck bon jusqua environ 300hp),mass air ,trottle body,cold air intake

pour ce qui est de la shop je cest pas trop ya zekes(si jme rapelle ben c 60 ou 70$ de lheure),lemieux performance yen a dautre mais aucune qui me vienne a lidee en semoment.

c combien une job de rebuild de moteur ??? environ ?
jamene le moteur deja démonter du char ... jleur donne le moteur sans kil est a le défaire la ... faq surment que déja la le prix bisse un peu ...
Tk merci jattend dautre réponse pis idée ...
Thx
Cya

je cest pas trop c combien deja demonter mais mon friend faire rebuil son 351m400 dans son bronco 1978 sa ya couter 3000$ enlever moteur le rebuilt pis le remetre garanti 2ans mias mesemble que stai cher 3000 pour rebuilt un moteur

ouin jme suis fait dire c environ 1500$ .... mais c pour sa jveut en profiter vu le moteur est défait pour mettre sois des piece dedans ... ou genre changer lintake ... Tk ...
jattend dautre chose que jepourrais faire donner des idée !
Thx
Cya

So you have $1500 to spend total? Or you are getting the motor rebuilt PLUS $1500 for parts? The cheapest way to add some power would be some GT40P heads and an intake..maybe a cam if you want also. They offer alot of bang for the buck. You could run some GT40P's with 1.7rr's on stock cam with a Explorer intake and make some pretty decent power for under $1000. I actually like the stock cam, but you can gain from a good aftermarket camshaft. Stay away from the Ford E,B, etc cams. There are alot better ones out there now. With the GT40P's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, and exhaust you would have an easy 45-50 hp more than stock and still have great stock driveability with ALOT of low end power. You could also still use the stock injectors. I myself use a 70mm Cobra MAF but you can use a C&L or Pro M also. ALSO..this above combo would work on a speed density car also with no need to swap to mass air.

ok i already got exhaust ...
im new in the world of Ford V8 engine Etc ... so
i dont really know wut TB mean ... 1.7rr ???
if i change my heads for GT40P heads did i need to change something else ?
same question for the intake ...
and i heard that if i change my Camshaft i need to change pistons,injecteur and all this ... :S i dont know if its true ... anyway i got a 1500$ minimum to spend after the rebuild of the motor ...

Anyway i want to see all the posibility i can have before doing anything ... i wait after the winter to take my car out from storage ... put the motor off and all the interior ... repair all wut i can and send the car to the paintshop !!! :) so a new motor + some mods and a new complete paint job :) with probably a new interior :D
Anyway a big project for me ... anyway i got the time im young ( just turn on my 18 yo... )
and its a long project i got there :D
So continue to gimme some tips and what i can do ...
and witch color u think looks good on a 1988 Lx mustang ?

Thx !
Cya

TBbbbb= Throttle body
1.7rr= he's referring to your roller rockers
A cam is a cam and with a higher lift you'll probably need new springs so keep that in my mind during the rebuild.
GT40 are the heads. You can change just the heads but you won't see the gains. Remember you need more air and more fuel to make power.

Blakctang's suggestions sound awesome actually. From the air filter to the flywheel you can't go wrong with those mods listed above.
I think Blckstang is the 5.0 guru here on MR.com.

You don't need to change pistons btw. They have nothing to do with your cam. Well they do but you know what I mean. If you change pistons might as well get the block bored and use a stroker crank with some low compression pistons and forged rods. But that's BIG MONEY.

ok thx for the information ...
so i need
Gt40P's Heads ... The P is for wut ??? i know GT40 Heads ... but the "P" means ?
1.7rr...
65mm TB... if i put a 70mm TB is that better ???
and i need to change my intake ... i have in mind to maybe buy a elbrock is that good ???
thats almost that. ..

Ok right now i got on my mustang
H-pipe
Poulie kit
Cold air intake from Mac ...
thats it ...
so with wut u tell me to add i will gain around 50 HP ?
And do you know a good place to buy the parts ??? for the moment i just know Johnny's motorsport in laval witch sell some performance parts for Ford ...
And a good place to make my Motor rebuild ? and the price this gonna cost me ...
Thx for all the information and the time u give me to answaer all my newbie question :p
Cya

o and i just see on some other site ....
If i use some GT40P Heads i need to change my headers to give space for the heads....
is that true ?
Thx

ok thx fast answer :)
just another question :p
i just saw on an other site ... they say that if i change my RR for some 1.7rr... i need to change my valve spring because they wont follow ....
is this spring are the same that BigblackCobra says i need to change ... ?
Thx again :D
Cya

BigBlackCobra said:
check out www.summitracing.com for the parts.

:bigup: I buy mostly ALL my parts from there, 100% satisfied, and the customer service is awesome, I returned some used Manley valves once, and they refunded me ALL my money, not even a re-pack fee........

md136 said:
o and i just see on some other site ....
If i use some GT40P Heads i need to change my headers to give space for the heads....
is that true ?
Thx

The GT-40P heads required different headers (400$ US for the FRPP pair), because of the different spark plug angle. My friend is using them with BBK-1515 headers with no problem. He just had to put boot cover on the spark plug wire for cylinder #3 & #7. They flow better than E7TE heads, the flow is comparable to old small block heads ('69-'70 351w 4bbl heads). Good choice of heads for the price for a +/- 300HP engine.

md136 said:
Gt40P's Heads ... The P is for wut ??? i know GT40 Heads ... but the "P" means ?

IMO, the P stand for pain in the ass, because of the headers clearance issue.......what the hell is the point to offer affordable heads, but that involved 400$+ more to your budget for freaking headers ???? For 1000$ (what they will end you up costing), I would go with Edelbrock Performer heads for your combo !!!

md136 said:
1.7rr...
65mm TB... if i put a 70mm TB is that better ???
and i need to change my intake ... i have in mind to maybe buy a elbrock is that good ???
thats almost that. ..

Alright, IMO, 1.7 rocker are a patch for a bad cam choice.......but that's MY OPINION, alot of guys will tell you they work great with the stock cam on their combo, that's ok, but the 1.7 only increased valve lift, it doesn't affect valve opening duration, and again IMO, the duration has more to do with flow that the lift..... For the combo you have list, I would go with a E-303 cam or the Comp Cams 268HR with some 1.6 RR..... You will need to change valves springs if you change your cam, check the manucfacturer recommendation.....

And for the Throttle Body, bigger doesn't mean better........if you put the 70mm, you will lose alot of bottom-end torque, it's like if your were using a Holley 700cfm DP on a stock 302......stick with the 65mm, it's plenty for your application !!!

Edelbrock makes the best intake IMO, I like Trick Flow also.......but if you will be upgrading your heads/t.b/cam, YOU NEED TO GET RID OF THE STOCK H.O INTAKE !!!! Because of the 2 bolts pattern that connect upper & lower intake, it create restriction in the intake plenum, the engine is starting to choke at 4500prm

Good Luck to get all that under 1500$ !

crazy302 said:
Alright, IMO, 1.7 rocker are a patch for a bad cam choice.....For the combo you have list, I would go with a E-303 cam with some 1.6 RR..... You will need to change valves springs if you change your cam, check the manucfacturer recommendation.....

You are 100% right, people take the cheap way out but in reality its throwing $$$ away;)

crazy302 said:
and for the Throttle Body, bigger doesn't mean better........if you put the 70mm, you will lose alot of bottom-end torque, it's like if your were using a Holley 700cfm DP on a stock 302......stick with the 65mm, it's plenty for your application !!!
!

Tb's don't work that way since only air passes through and not gas and air like DP's;) IMHPO

tkm said:
Tb's don't work that way since only air passes through and not gas and air like DP's;) IMHPO

I was just making a comparation, i'm a carb guy :D

Hey Tom, I heard very good things about your work, I have a set of D0OE 351w Heads that needs some porting........just trying to dig some funds !!! Probably early january......will let you know !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back