Ford overrated the 2005 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

En!vy

Legacy Member
Just look at this dyno

05vsmachdyno.jpg

...oh wait, that's power at the wheels. The blue line is the 05 GT, the red is a stock 04 Mach 1.
headbang.gif

mach 1 and gt motors are different. that probably why and they are also rated at 305hp not 300 so that probably explains the 10 crank hp different.

chose qui faut pas oublier
-ya pas un dyno qui va donner les meme chifres, et la température sera jamais la meme
-aucun moteur dorigine sort les meme chiffres
-perte de force par la tranny

les hp qui donnent din spec de la mustang sont au roue ou au moteur ;)

NeonRacer said:
looking to buy a mustang i see

who wouldn't... up to now there is nothing wrong with this car

great looks, great engine, great aftermarket support.... and great price

for an enthusiasts it's one of the best deal currently available imho. If I was to buy a car now, this would be one of my top pick... but I have a car already.

maybe the cobra later :D

Tex said:
who wouldn't... up to now there is nothing wrong with this car

great looks, great engine, great aftermarket support.... and great price

for an enthusiasts it's one of the best deal currently available imho. If I was to buy a car now, this would be one of my top pick... but I have a car already.

maybe the cobra later :D

You better let me try that "future" Cobra :bigup: .

Hahaha c'est un classique ça... c'est pas la première fois que Ford overrate ses hp... c'est comme l'histoire de l'ancienne cobra.. genre 1996-97... il me semble... elle était supposée avoir 305 ou 320 je suis pas trop sûr mais les proprio avaient fait des moyens de pression et la production s'était vue arrêtée...

Huggies, le dyno sheet montre les forces au roues. La 05 doit avoir entre 320 et 330 hp au crank. Ford fais passer la 05 a 300 hp au crank. Et sa serais pas la premiere fois que ford underrate un char. En '93 la mustang GT etais rate a 205 hp contrairement a 225 en '92. Mais la seule chose qui avais change c'es les pistons. (Hyper en '93) Aussi la Cobra '93 etais rate a 235 au crank mais plusieur proprietaire de Cobra disent avoir ce power la au roues. (Avec les mods que ford avaient fait au moteur c'est pas surprenant) La Cobra '93 avait entre 265 et 275 hp au crank.

There is no actual HP difference between the the 92 to 93 5.0 . The ratings are bogus really and just reflected a new way of Ford rating them. Changing the pistons would not make it less hp anyway, the forged were heavier so really it would be a gain in 93 from less engine rotational mass. The Cobra is also a little under rated, they made around 220-230r whp but would have been more with a better exhaust from the factory.

ToplessStang said:
You better let me try that "future" Cobra :bigup: .

:bigup: get me a good deal when the time comes and you can try it as much as you want

Oh...You guys didn't know? There are rumors running around that Ford will drop the SVT program. Which means no more SVT Cobras. The 2004 might be the last one you could get. Link

only the lightning program has been shelved, there are no indications anywhere that Ford plans to shelve the cobra too. Unless I see something official it's just bs rumors.

Clon3d said:
Huggies, le dyno sheet montre les forces au roues. La 05 doit avoir entre 320 et 330 hp au crank. Ford fais passer la 05 a 300 hp au crank. Et sa serais pas la premiere fois que ford underrate un char. En '93 la mustang GT etais rate a 205 hp contrairement a 225 en '92. Mais la seule chose qui avais change c'es les pistons. (Hyper en '93) Aussi la Cobra '93 etais rate a 235 au crank mais plusieur proprietaire de Cobra disent avoir ce power la au roues. (Avec les mods que ford avaient fait au moteur c'est pas surprenant) La Cobra '93 avait entre 265 et 275 hp au crank.

Mais est-ce que ça te dit quelque chose, ce que je disais à propos des cobras 96-98... parce que je me souviens très bien que ford les avais overratés...

TOOMANYCHEV'S said:
just be thankful nobody is posting the dyno sheet of your civic.

Heh no wonder this site is losing all of its thought provoking members. Regardless of what forum its posted, people feel the need to trash a perfectly good thread. I'm a huge '05 Mustang fan, and am not sure what the point of your post was. I'm going to guess you didn't bother reading my thread in its entirety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back