power wire???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadRunner

Legacy Member
Hi,

I will soon have to power 2 amps in my car...

a JBL 600.1 (60A max)
a Rockford 600a4 (50A max)

total 110amps max

but I don't think the 600a4 will draw that much since I'll use it to power 4 speakers and it'll put out only 75w rms X4 = 300w rms (at 4ohms)

now my question is can I power those 2 amps with only one 4gauge wire splited into 2X 8gauge?? 900w rms total...

tx for any advice or comments!

I think that you can, you could possibly loose a bit of power but I think it doesn't worth the money of 0/1 g

With 4 guage split into 2 8 guage you'll be fine.. specially if your not running more than 2 feet of 8 guage wiring.. ALso..too you can spend $25 and geta fised distribution block and run 4 guage to your sub amplifier and 8 guage to the amp for your cabib drivers..

Cheers
Mohawk

Originally posted by RoadRunner
a JBL 600.1 (60A max)
a Rockford 600a4 (50A max)

total 110amps max
4 Ga. is FINE, anything else would be overkill, run a single 120A ANL fuse at the battery, and when the 4Ga. gets to the trunk, add a fusebox that will then run into a pair of smaller 50/60A. AGU fuses, which runs 8Ga. to each of your 2 amps.

This is an e-z typical amp install. Have fun now.

I think that's what I will do soyabean... then if I see it ain't enough (really not enough...) THEN I will check some more option$...

thanks guys for the advices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back