FS: 1989 Mustang GT 5spd w/ Novi 1000** MUST see**

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLKGTSTANG

Legacy Member
My cousin is again selling his car. It is a 1989 GT with all highway miles and looks/drives like 60,000! It is a Nevada car and NEVER seen snow and barely seen rain. NEVER wrecked an has 90% original paint. It could use a repaint though, not a speck of rust anywhere on the car. It has over $4800.00 US in receipts just this summer!! :eek: You will NOT find an 89 in this good of original condition for the year or miles. I have seen 60,000 mile cars not even close to this clean. He is a very picky guy and keeps it in nice shape. He wants to pay off some bills so the car must go.
  • Paxton Novi 1000 SC kit with 6lb pulley
  • Walbro 255lph fuel pump
  • Aeromotive billet adjustable FPR
  • Bosch Bypass for the SC
  • BBK chrome 1 5/8 shorty headers
  • Edelbrock Double Roller timing chain
  • Ford Racing water pump
  • 2 core stock replacement radiator
  • 3/8 phenolic intake spacer
  • Ford Racing King Cobra clutch kit
  • Ford Racing T-5 Z spec tranny (heavy duty T-5 with 2.95 1st gear and double alloy gear set)
  • Pro 5.0 short throw shifter
  • Energey Suspension urethane motor mounts and tranny mount
  • C&L 73 mm mass air flow
  • Ford Racing 9mm plug wires and Motorcraft plugs, cap, and rotor
  • Nitto 555R Drag Radials 245/50 16" with only a few hundred miles on them!
  • MAC Flowpath 2 1/2 catback
  • For Racing 3.27 gears
  • UPR Xtreme firewall adjuster and triple hook quadrant
  • Ford Racing trac-loc rebuild kit

The car runs 100% and must be seen. He is asking $6500.. US for the car and he has well over that in the car. It is 100% mechanically and might only need some brakes. ONLY uses synthetic oil, Mobil 1 15W50. Uses NO oil at all!

Here are some pics, I can get some more if needed. Some may have seen the car at the track. It has ran 13.5@106-107 with serious traction issues still (2.1-2.2 60ft's) The SC still has the stock pulley for only 5lbs of boost. It has a 3 year warranty also.

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01504.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

DSC01487.jpg

marviescart-5rebuildcarshownormsSC050.jpg

marviescart-5rebuildcarshownormsSC046.jpg

How many miles total ? And how many miles since the mods (mostly the s/c, t-5 and clutch) ??

Is the car in the US or is it in Canada now ? I know someone who might be interested if the car is in Canada......

Thanks !

crazy302 said:
How many miles total ? And how many miles since the mods (mostly the s/c, t-5 and clutch) ??

Is the car in the US or is it in Canada now ? I know someone who might be interested if the car is in Canada......

Thanks !

No, the car is in the US. It has 150k I think now or maybe 160k. The car could easily pass for a 60k car though like I said. ONLY synthetics it's whole life and uses about 1 quart between oil changes. The SC, tranny and all else has MAYBE 3000 miles if that. It can't be that hard to get across the border is it? I could get more power out of it with some more timing easily since it is pretty rich now. He would probably sell for less with some parts taken off.

BLKGTSTANG said:
It can't be that hard to get across the border is it? I could get more power out of it with some more timing easily since it is pretty rich now.

I'll talk to my friend today, but I doubt he will still wants it..... He was looking for a 100k or less car, plus he didn't want to go through all the paperwork, inspection and emmission test...

Like you said the mixture is pretty rich, so I doubt it will pass emmission with the mods and you have to install that stupid relay for the daylight to pass the inspection...

Still a good deal for a clean car + all the parts !

crazy302 said:
I'll talk to my friend today, but I doubt he will still wants it..... He was looking for a 100k or less car, plus he didn't want to go through all the paperwork, inspection and emmission test...

Like you said the mixture is pretty rich, so I doubt it will pass emmission with the mods and you have to install that stupid relay for the daylight to pass the inspection...

He still has the stock h-pipe for it. I would say it is much richer than a stock car really. I had it leaned out pretty good when the car was NA. It ran a 13.98@100 before the SC. That was with the h-pipe, catback, 3.27's, and pulleys. All else stock 100%. It's REALLY hard to find a foxbody with less than 100k on it. The ones that are are $$$ or not the original miles. I could turn the odometer back on this car and nobody would be able to tell. More important than miles is the overall condiiton of the car and the upkeep of it. I've seen 50,000 mile cars that were pretty beat into the ground. I understand it being some work to get it across, but I see alot of US Mustangs up there so I figured it was worth a try to sell it up there maybe. I never see any real nice ones up there....

My '92 was from the US, but it was already import by someone else and ready to be plated in quebec when I bought it..... I was going to buy one directly from the state, but when I ask custom canada to send me all the info, I was quite discourage and dissapointed of all the comformity you have to respect....

I didn't talk to my friend yet, he was suppose to come over to my place tonight after I finish work, so i'll have a word with him....

Last edited:
crazy302 said:

you don't need dtr, it's an 89.

67Continental said:
you don't need dtr, it's an 89.

What would you have to do to this car for sale in Canada Ben? I'm am not familiar with this stuff. But the car is really clean...

TTT...for sale again! WILL NOT find a rust free 89 like this anywhere for this price...and that runs this good!!!

man at that price its worth importing then reselling it with much higher pricetag...

thats some cheap price for this car...

I really want to buy it... im thinking if I keep my '96 or I go with older 5.0

man that car is fucking clean...
its 15 years old now so I guess it wont be so much trouble to get it here no?

I think you are a very trustworthy person

6500$us=8200$can

i'll try to get some info about importing it... im very interested

btw whats the difference between a GT and Lx5.0?
they look the same...

anyway .. I've been looking for a nice sc'ed 5.0 for a long time but here they are like 13 000 to 17 000$can for a not that nice '89 lx5.0

Last edited:
FoxMcloud said:
man at that price its worth importing then reselling it with much higher pricetag...

thats some cheap price for this car...

I really want to buy it... im thinking if I keep my '96 or I go with older 5.0

man that car is fucking clean...
its 15 years old now so I guess it wont be so much trouble to get it here no?

I think you are a very trustworthy person

6500$us=8200$can

i'll try to get some info about importing it... im very interested

btw whats the difference between a GT and Lx5.0?
they look the same...

anyway .. I've been looking for a nice sc'ed 5.0 for a long time but here they are like 13 000 to 17 000$can for a not that nice '89 lx5.0

Yes..this is a VERY clean car...here are some pics from about 2 weeks ago of under the hood..
ef3ab4e5.jpg

12e83828.jpg

Anyone interested can come take it for a drive. I just installed a brand new FRPP King Cobra clutch and FRPP clutch also. Car runs 100% and has NEVER been wrecked. I have carfax for it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back