Votes: 38 45.2%
  • just something people do

Votes: 29 34.5%
  • other(please specify)

Votes: 17 20.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me what drifting is is hard to define. I'd like to think of it as a state of mind, an art where yourd mind, body and your car come together to make the most fluid,smooth slide around a corner....

:laugh: So gay *fag*

Well I think what I wrote but to me drifting is just a pleasure. I learned to drive in winter with my parent pick-up, before noticing it and before knowing what drift was, I was sliding everywhre i could empty parking lots then to to one way U-turn to finally going to small twisty roads

I don't like the idea of sport cause it brings competition and mostly ego, and some poeple tend to forget why they did that in the beginning. But it also brings the crowds in events and sponsors to the talented ones wich is good.

Anyway whathever poeple think about it, as long i'll have my 240 I'm gonna have fun SIDEWAY!!!!!! :bigup: :bigup:
240SXDave02.jpg

Last edited:
its all of the above, its fun its a sport. you cant go wrong, unless front wheel drive and you break your axils

drifting to me, is one of the pleasures of life.

It is a form of art, but also is a form of motorsport since it is done on a track, requires lots of driver skill and has a way to classify who wins.

When I was first approached by Marco & Haig last year regarding drifting I laughed! I simply refused to take them seriously. Once I attended one of there practice sessions, I was hooked. Marco took me for a ride and I was amazed at the level of skill you need and not to mention a huge set of balls!

Drifting was also huge at SEMA. The popularity in the states is out of control, we can't even begin to imagine.

Drifting is a form of expression and stress release, when those tires start to spin and smoke up, its a s good as sex! :bigup:

Le Drift c'est un art. C'est l'art de faire des dérapages controlé et l'art de bruler des pneus en pas grand temps. C'est aussi l'art de faire peur au monde sur les troitoir. C'est l'art de parfois rentrer dans un mur, une pancarte sur un terre plein ou ben d'éclater son LSD sur un trottoir. :p

éclater un LSD sur un trottoir c'est comprenable la... :blush: :blush: :blush:

*banghead* *banghead* *banghead*

im impressed with the responses of this thread. the idea that drift is viewed as a leasure activity, and for self enjoyment, and not so much for competition. dont get me wrong, competition could be fun as well, but it's nice to know what people think about it.

Personally, I really don't see as a competition, I can understand for others but not for me... Also I've never drifted on a track so I don't know what that feels like. When I drift with other people I see it more as a team effort than a YOU vs. ME type thing. Like how many curves can we take together and how close we can get etc...

je crois que c'est un sport , mais je crois aussi qu'au québec , si on en parle pas assez pour développer se sport , sa va etre une mode passagère , en touka , c'est se que je crois ....

HONDA_SP33D said:
je crois que c'est un sport , mais je crois aussi qu'au québec , si on en parle pas assez pour développer se sport , sa va etre une mode passagère , en touka , c'est se que je crois ....

Pour certaine personne oui, mais pas pour les passionnés :bigup:

lol je suis d'accord mais reste que sa serait intéressant de développer se sport pour qu'il soit plus connu.... lol c se que je crois .( j'ai jamais essayer mais sa doit etre assez fou :D ) :bigup:

to me... i cant label anything related to driving a car using advanced shifting, braking, and cornering techniques anything other than a legitamate motorsport. some people consider drifting as a leisure activity... but some people play basketball competitively, and some people play basketball for fun. there are always those two ends of the spectrum in any sport.

and as for drifting being an art form.... is it more so of an art form than any other form of mororsport? how do u consider the controlled chaos of drifting an art form to begin with? herding sheeping is contolled chaos... but i don't consider it an art. just wanna see how people would explain this... mostly cuz i think that calling drifting an art form sounds kinda *fag*

You just don't see it the same way, it's the art of controlling a car that is sideways in a curve, just holding it between traction and spinout, the art of getting sideways as clean and smoothly as possible.

... and that makes drifting an art form how exactly???? please elaborate with a valid explination...

damn.... maybe herding cattle IS an art form...

I just gave a valid explanation, plus if you don't agree with us that's fine, call it what you want just keep it sideways :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back