suggested mods for stock 98 max GLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMaxima

Legacy Member
Just got a stock 98 GLE, what do you guys suggest I do first??
PS i just bought the car so I dont wanna load TOO much cash into it yet.
:dunno:

Originally posted by MrMaxima
Just got a stock 98 GLE, what do you guys suggest I do first??
PS i just bought the car so I dont wanna load TOO much cash into it yet.
:dunno:

auto or manual?

either way, your getting a budgetexhaust y-pipe right now...

it's 250$ and gives you 20hp... or about 10hp to the wheels...

next your getting a FSTB for about 80$ i have a vibrant performance FSTB and it's perfect for the car... decreases front body roll like crazy!!!

oh and get a RSB ... it decreases rear sway by alot. Changes your car dynamics though, so be ready :) hehe

next your getting clear corners cause those looks sweet... i'm more into performance, so i wouldn't get them :D

if you have about 1g to spare(+- 100$), you can get a middle east variable intake for the maxima :) give you about 30hp in the upper end and a little in the lower end. and this is basicallly at the wheels if i remember reading correctly... MEVI is awesome!

who can forget the cold air intake... or hot air intake... gotta get one :) 150$ about...

and change the exhaust... never done it so dunno abou the cost..
but it'll give ya another 3hp we'll say... :)

total hp more:
y-pipe: 20 (max!)
mevi : 30 (everyone seems to be pulling these numbers...)
CAI : 7 (max!)

total: 57hp more... not to bad for being basically stock still...
or 247hp and i guess 250tq

add naws! or a SC and your set... but that's pretty expensive.

auto, thanks for the nfo, but i dont think that i can afford the variable intake. The other stuff sounds good, i was pretty sure that I should go for a Y pipe, but u just confirmed my thoughts, so thats probably gonna be #1.
Anyways thanks again reaaly appreciate it
PEACE

Originally posted by MrMaxima
auto, thanks for the nfo, but i dont think that i can afford the variable intake. The other stuff sounds good, i was pretty sure that I should go for a Y pipe, but u just confirmed my thoughts, so thats probably gonna be #1.
Anyways thanks again reaaly appreciate it
PEACE

no problemo :)

trust me, you will love the difference.

oh, since your auto you can get Dons VB-mod... if i remember correctly it basically makes your auto shift like it was a manual...
pretty cool.

oh and with your y-pipe you will probably be spinning your tires alot more, so i recommend upgrading those ;-) hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back