Rodeo Drift: Not for newbies !

Status
Not open for further replies.

940T

DRIFTING :: Rodeo Drift

Throwing a peace sign out the window, or even opening a door while drifting is one thing, but this takes the drifting style to new levels. Rodeo Drift is a form of breaking rear tire traction while straddling the closed door of the car, much like a cowboy riding a bull. This style originated in Japan, and was invented by the Professional D1 driver, Kazama. We visit with Touge Friends user: Driftaholic who shows us Rodeo Drifting!

Touge Friends: What ever gave you the idea to straddle the door?
Driftaholic: I saw an option video in the beginning of 2004 featuring Kazama doing something they called "Rodeo" and I decided one night I wanted to try it.

Touge Friends: How many times have you tried this maneuver?
Driftaholic: This is the first time I've tried it with such large wheels. Previously I had sixteen inch Longchamps on my car, and it was quite easy to do with those wheels. Overall this is the fourth time I've done this.

Touge Friends:
What was the first time like, trying this?
Driftaholic: Since I already had an idea of what I needed to do, I just went to a parking lot at the top of the mountain, and drove in circles. Once I was comfortable with the space (about 100 sq ft.) I opened the door. Next I drove around a few times with the door open, and got out of the seat. Since I have a Bride Zeta II, the seat was a challenge to get out of while maneuvering the car. Once I could get in and out of the seat I practiced driving the car in all directions with the door open, while standing in the car, and also walking along side the car. Finally, i stood on the edge of the car, threw one leg out, and over the door. I shut the door, grabbed onto the steering wheel with my right hand, and stomped on the gas pedal. Because I was turning left, I became the center of the rotation, what is the trick to do controlling the car. Once you become the axis point, its very easy to turn the car back and forth, and in any direction you'd like with one hand. So as long as you are in the center of the rotation, you have the freedom to do whatever you want. There is no strain on your body, and you should be able to control the gas and brake effortlessly.

Touge Friends:
That's Crazy! How do you stop?
Driftaholic: Stopping is easy. You can either crash into something (laughs) or let off the gas. If you really need to stop you can easily tap on the brake.

Touge Friends: Is it hard to do? And is there any special setup done to your car??
Driftaholic: It's not really hard to do. But I guess you need basic coordination, and a little bit of experience with doing donuts or sliding the rear of the car (just so you don't freak out when the car starts moving). As far as setup goes, I don't have anything special on my car that allows it to Rodeo any easier. I just have the basic suspension components. As long as you can do donuts effortlessly, you should be able to Rodeo. The easier you can break traction in the rear tires, the easier it will be for you to Rodeo.

Touge Friends: Thanks for taking some time to talk with us, and sharing these great photos. When can we expect to see more coverage of some exciting drifting?
Driftaholic: Thank you for having me. It's been fun hanging out with your guys. As far as future events. There's always action happening. You just need to know where to look.

rodeo01.jpg

rodeo02.jpg

rodeo03.jpg
rodeo04.jpg
rodeo05.jpg
rodeo06.jpg
rodeo07.jpg

Article stolen from www.tougefriends.com

c pas du drift ca esti c des beigne le cave y fait tu un tour de piste en ''RODEO DRIFT'' ???si oui ok c du drift sinon c rat pis c des beignes

erix-7 said:
c pas du drift ca esti c des beigne le cave y fait tu un tour de piste en ''RODEO DRIFT'' ???si oui ok c du drift sinon c rat pis c des beignes
c'est vrai que ce pas du gros drift mais, ca fait parti de la culture de donner un show. si t'etais a drift mania tu comprends surement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back