Yellow Spec V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchy

Legacy Member
I've been seeing yellow Spec Vs around, but I presume it's the same one. I saw one at the Nissan offices near Chemin St. Marie and I saw one today at Nissan Spinelli on Brunswick. It wasn't painted yellow cause it has the yellow/black stitched seats inside. Anyone know if they're coming to Canada?

Spec V with mods

The yellow Spec-V that is at Spinelli Nissan is a demo for one of the managers. They also had Gibson Performance put on a Stillen cold air + Cat back. Giving the already 175hp 2.5L a big time boost, now its around 200-205hp and it sounds f***ing nice. With the new tranny in the 2003, this Yellow Spec-V is a rocket.

Trust me.

I went to see up close, the yello color is no good...:barf:!!!
The problem with the ccolor is that you see a two-tone color!! On the bumpre and on the quarter panel you see that there is a light yellow and darker yellow! you see a big a difference!

IMOP nissan should have done a better job....:rolleyes:

scooby

BTW, never in a Million years will you see 200hp from just a CAI and Cat-back.

At most you'll see 6whp gain from the CAI and maybe 8-10 from teh Catback.

If you want to see nice power from a Spec V, you'll need to also add a Header, now thats where you'll see nice gains, and open the Intake runner.

Also removing balance shafts nets 8whp.

Re: Spec V with mods

Originally posted by scooby
The yellow Spec-V that is at Spinelli Nissan is a demo for one of the managers. They also had Gibson Performance put on a Stillen cold air + Cat back. Giving the already 175hp 2.5L a big time boost, now its around 200-205hp and it sounds f***ing nice. With the new tranny in the 2003, this Yellow Spec-V is a rocket.

Trust me.

30hp from a cold air and a cat back? I doubt that.

Yeah Yeah!!!! 20 more hp with the yellow color..

For being at the Nissan Center etst in Arizona, ther is no freaking way the car makes 205hp...

People who don't know what they're taling about devrait se fermer au lieu de dire des conneries!!!!

:rolleyes:

We already know whats new, its been mentioned on the Nissan boards for a while.

-Basicaly, longer first and second gear for the tranny.
-Problem that occured on SOME Spec V's with Engines not braking in well, fixed.
-Interior Black and silver for all color Spec V, instead of the Black and Red 2002 interior.
-Sunburst Color added.

So black and red is no longer there or there is an option for black/red or black/silver?

Otherwise, the Spec V just got a lot better!

BTW, Doesn't the Sunburst colour come with black/yellow interior?

sentra02-interior.jpg

No option just one interior.

3ser_gal_med10.jpg

That Sunburst interior was for the prototype a long time ago. Never produced.

3N1AB51D23L717393-a.jpg

Originally posted by SpIcEz
scooby

BTW, never in a Million years will you see 200hp from just a CAI and Cat-back.At most you'll see 6whp gain from the CAI and maybe 8-10 from teh Catback. If you want to see nice power from a Spec V, you'll need to also add a Header, now thats where you'll see nice gains, and open the Intake runner. Also removing balance shafts nets 8whp.

True on CAI + Exhaust (Cat Back)... 5 to 15hp range, 10hp on average... Of course, it gives 30 "mental" hp in the head of the driver (the exhaust sound makes you also thing it's 35hp). :)

I was at Spinelli the first day the yellow one came in. :)
I've also seen one parked in front of Dorval Auto Parts on Herron.
Its very nice ;)

That Yellow Spec-V that they have at Spinelli Nissan is now for sale.

Remember the cold air and cat-back are already loaded on the car.

Don't be shy to ask for a test drive.

There's also a yellow SPEC V for sale at Mercier Nissan in Chateauguay. It has been sitting there for at least a month.

My friend just went to test drive a Spec V and they asked him if he'd like to drive the yellow one but he got nervous (doesn't really know how to drive manual perfectly) so the dealer took him for a ride.

He says the engine sounded nice and stuff but he was expecting a bit more... He still liked it tho... The driver was pushing the car to it's limits when he went on a test drive.

BTW, Spec V's only come in 6spd. So I hope he wasnt looking for an Automatic Spec V.

Just for his info.

Also, he really should try one. Riding and a car, and experiencing it from a drivers perspective are 2 different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back