What's your skill level?

What's your Drifting skill level?

• Don't know nothing how to!

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Could only drift at very low speeds(0-40kph) with great diffuculty!

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Capable to drift at medium speeds(40-80kph) with great diffuculty!

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have no problem drifting from 0-80kph

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Dont need Practice, bring on the competition!

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSantos

Legacy Member
Im gonna start planing soon the 2005 Drifting seasson.
Well, besides Drift Mania events were working on a Drifting school, those who are interested in a Drifting School please vote. want you guys to be honest, its for you guys!!!!

Any ideas will be great to :bigup:

PLEASE VOTE ON THE OTHER POLL THREAD TO

Thank you all :bigup:

Last edited:
I'm between "I have no problem drifting from 0-80kph" and "Dont need Practice, bring on the competition!" Where do I vote lol...

There should be a "No problem drifting at 110km/h+++ in tight little roads." :p

Rating skill level on how fast you drift might not ba an accurate mesure though...

Any 15y/o could drift a viper at 250km/h for a few seconds then die :laugh:

Still, always fun to see how many people got the big cohones :laugh:

how about an in car tutorial with the student in the passengers seat and one of the pros at the wheel explaining wut he's doing when he's doing it? i think ppl catch on faster if they actually see wut is supposed to be done rather than just being told wut to do. of course the pros probably shouldn't be driving at their actual skill level so the student would be able to absorb more of wut they're observing

All of us with any significant track experience "drift" through many corners on the track. This is a very subtle kind of drifting (barely noticable from outside the car). Stand at the top of Turn 2 at Mosport as the instructor group goes charging down the hill, and you'll see almost every car has the tail out a couple of degrees.

Personally, I drift my Evo up through Corners 1-2-3 of Tremblant in a single, smooth arc. This is a controlled, 4-wheel drift. My entry speeds are in the 90mph (approx. 145 kph) range. I wouldn't even think of doing this on the street!

Emre

Hmmmmm drifting speeds........other high speed drifting corners that come to mind would be Mosport #2 and #8 as well as #7 (last) at LRP. Speeds in excess of 120khp in all cases.........

up to 80km/h i have no problem really drifting i have been doing this for 2 years now almost...but at higher speeds i'm afraid a little to push it...witch is why i need to practice more to gain more confidence at higher speeds like 80+km/h...i can drift at 100km/h but i loose control 1/2 the time when i try to chain drifts i need MORE AND MORE practice lol perhaps you can teach me "chunky Bai" (being serious) because i have a very decent set-up for drifting... *tu* cheers to all!

p.s.: i dont think the drift school is a good idea cuz why would someone pay for something he can learn buy hiself with time if he goes to empty parking lots? of course with the school he can probly learn faster but still...only vacating my honest opinion...well have a nice day.

justincredible said:
p.s.: i dont think the drift school is a good idea cuz why would someone pay for something he can learn buy hiself with time if he goes to empty parking lots?
Maybe because not everyone wants to ball their car up into a nice pile of smouldering scrap metal :dunno:

Good instruction is key to any form of motorsports.

Emre

BBQMAN said:
Hmmmmm drifting speeds........other high speed drifting corners that come to mind would be Mosport #2 and #8 as well as #7 (last) at LRP. Speeds in excess of 120khp in all cases.........
I forgot about LRP! Turn 7 can be a little scary if your car isn't set up well (very bumpy!). Mosport #2 and Tremblant #1-3 never fail to get the butt cheeks clenching.

Also, well set-up cars can drift through the Carousel at Tremblant (depending on the line you take). But that's more of a medium speed corner I guess.

Emre

Je drift surtout a ste-croix sur le virage sur le bord du fleuve apres la ligne droite....en 3...je sais pas c'est quoi ma vitesse....+-90 km/h....

ste-eustache aussi subtilement pour m'amuser....

un peu sur la rue...

Tk....je connais bien mes capacités...me manque juste un peu de RWD

Parking lot practice, didin't get enough time (snow came too soon) to use the Silvia that much...a bit of highway too but that's it. She's gone till spring :(

It depends on wet surfaces I have no problem at all drifting between 0-80kph but I voted the 3rd choice cause on dry surfaces my car wasn't stiff enough (front shock were blown) and had a lack of power. Anyway all those problem will be solved at the end of winter!! :bigup::bigup::bigup::bigup::bigup:

parking lots are all i've practiced in, i can do it, but i'm a noob still.

speed things aren't really accurate to judge so i'll say on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest, i'm 2.5

Lowexr said:
Je drift surtout a ste-croix sur le virage sur le bord du fleuve apres la ligne droite....en 3...je sais pas c'est quoi ma vitesse....+-90 km/h....

ste-eustache aussi subtilement pour m'amuser....

un peu sur la rue...

Tk....je connais bien mes capacités...me manque juste un peu de RWD

toi tu rentre trop avec ton FWD jai le gout de te vend une des mes ae86 ta trop de potentiel :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back