Up to how much you ready to pay to learn and practice?

UP to how much would you pay to practice

• 50-70$

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • 70-90$

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 90-110$

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 110-130$

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 130-150$

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 150$ and over, just want to practice!

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSantos

Legacy Member
UP to how much you ready to pay to improve your drifting skill? UP to and not to how much you would like to pay! like i said on the other tread, be honest please!

Under 50$... It allready cost enough to keep the car driftable(parts, tires, etc) + gas to get to where ever the track is(wich is alot in my case)... May sound cheap but hey, I'll just keep going where I've always went... the street.

having practice spots in enclosed environments as cheap as possible would mean less ppl drifting on public roads... this would encourage more ppl to practice legally which would make up for the lower costs of practices... i'd like to pay under $50 as well

Serait cool d avoir une place ou on pourrait se pratiquer a toute les semaine sans payer 100$, on pourrait trouver un grand parking aik des cones!!! Comme au DX1 a Brampton! Et faire un gros event a fin de chaque mois( 2jours, Samedi pratique non ouvert au publique, Dimanche le show + ptite competition amateur ouvert au publique!!) L'event pourait se faire sur une track ou ds un parking!!!

Kevin..

Chunky_Bai said:
UP to how much you ready to pay to improve your drifting skill? UP to and not to how much you would like to pay! like i said on the other tread, be honest please!
I'm not really into drifting, but I am addicted to high performance driving schools. If you are planning on having a structured school in a closed, safe environment with qualified instructors, then $150 or even $200 per day would be totally reasonable.

Prospective students need to realize that there are lots of "hidden" costs besides just renting the facility. You need event insurance, equipment (cones, fire extinguishers, etc.), tow truck and ambulance on standby, water truck for skidpad, registration materials (student manuals, etc.), and you may have to pay your instructors. This all adds up. It's unrealistic to expect a well-organized event to cost less than $100-150 per student.

Personally, I would probably be willing to sign up for a nicely organized event just to see what the fuss is about and improve my car control skills. But I would not join in if it were a loosely organized event without good instruction and proper safety measures. I've seen too many cars wrecked at poorly-organized events and I think that hurts the sport.

Emre

LanEvo said:
I'm not really into drifting, but I am addicted to high performance driving schools. If you are planning on having a structured school in a closed, safe environment with qualified instructors, then $150 or even $200 per day would be totally reasonable.

Prospective students need to realize that there are lots of "hidden" costs besides just renting the facility. You need event insurance, equipment (cones, fire extinguishers, etc.), tow truck and ambulance on standby, water truck for skidpad, registration materials (student manuals, etc.), and you may have to pay your instructors. This all adds up. It's unrealistic to expect a well-organized event to cost less than $100-150 per student.

Personally, I would probably be willing to sign up for a nicely organized event just to see what the fuss is about and improve my car control skills. But I would not join in if it were a loosely organized event without good instruction and proper safety measures. I've seen too many cars wrecked at poorly-organized events and I think that hurts the sport.

Emre

Well put.... no matter what the discipline, good instruction doesn't come cheap :bigup: .

exactly what lanevo said. 150+ is definately resonable if its well organized. the last thing i want to do is save money paying <50 bucks and have someone side swipe my car. 150 for instruction by someone who knows what they are talking about is a deal too.

How many 16 year old kids with old rusted 240's are going to pay 200$ per day ? Not many I think...

ouin...comme 940t dit....on a deja le char a payé ..le gaz ect ect....faux pas exagéré non plus 150 et+ c ridicule pour batre un char a ste prix la le monde vont aller dans des gros parking la nuit ....jveux pas insité le monde a le faire mais bon...je croi que en bas de 80$ c est popire...deja qui en a une gagne qui faut qui vienne de louin pour y participé....!

940T said:
How many 16 year old kids with old rusted 240's are going to pay 200$ per day ? Not many I think...

I don't know any 16yr olds posting in this section... screw em' I got dough and i'm prepared to spend $100 and over if it's taught by professional instructors. Even just normal performance driving would be good, like police high-speed maneuvering and tactics would be bitchin.

You need solid driving skills in order to properly execute drifting and a firm understanding of the dynamics of drifting. Seat time is essential but good instruction make a big difference in one's learning curve.

I work for a living so my resources are finite but this I do believe is totally worth $100 and over per day. My dough is on the table! I dare ya'll punanis to joint up :D

OK guys, keep in mind that drifting is expensive to start off, so if your complaining about you have to pay your car, insurance, gaz...... well im sorry drifting is not for you, you could practice on your own but you will still need money for things that goin to brake and take a chance of killing someone, accidents..... Ill try to work on some deal for use tires for you guys or even good tires for more affordable price, but not easy. Maybe someone works or has contacts for use tires...Help me and i will help you!

Whatever type of school or practice days that will organize, that will cost 50$ or 300$ it wont be bullshit. The only thing is that for 50$ you wont get instructors, so you get what you pay for!

My goal is to have as much serious people at the drifting session that wants to improve theyre skills, its not for people to go to a parcking lot and go wild, they will be rules and no fuking arround!

Thanks for your comments and keep giving your opinions and ill promisse you a summer of crazy drifting times:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back