DRIFTERS unite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat_JDM

well since this is the drifting section i thought other then senselace bashing there sould be a thread that allows people to get to know each other better in this section...I thought that it would be cool if everyone posts pics or talk about the car they own (drift car) and describe it a bit ( list of mods done to it or that will be done by next summer dosent have to be hardcore in depth). Plus give us info about your team if you got one, who's in it...how long have you(they) been drifting, what has drawn you to the sport..bla bla bla etc...please dont lie and people with STUPID COMMENTS LIKE CLOUTER dont post at all. *banghead*

in case you think this is a theif post note that i did not say to tell where you are from...its up to you if you want to say it or not...

just thought it would be cool to know what everyone is driving within the local scene :bigup:

ok justin i won't get mad at what you just said cause I gave my shot at trying to bring back peace here

so I'll start and post about me

this originates from the other thread.......

projet # 3
ben c'est pas vraiment un projet, c'est juste un beater
Toyota Corolla GTS 1986 coupe
pandacoupe0022.jpg

pandacoupe0011.jpg

elle est 100% stock, pis c'est une des voitures stock les plus fun a conduire !!!!!
c'est juste fou a quel point la conduite est prévisible sur cette voiture !
c'est certain qu'elle n'est pas rapide avec ses 112 chevaux et 97lbs de torque, mais c'est justement CA que j'aime, car en conduisant une voiture sous puissante, tu apprends a maximiser tous les autres aspects de la conduite
frienage, virage, transfer de poids, etc etc
avec ce chassis bien répartit, il est facile de prévoir les réactions de la voiture aux commandes que vous lui lancez...... tu peux savoir exactement QUAND elle va décrocher, QUAND elle va coller, QUAND elle va sous virer, etc etc........

coté état de la voiture
les tour d'ailes sont pourris et les bas de portes aussi, mais c'est parce que l'ancien proprio avait tout sablé et shooté au gravel guard quand ca avait commencé a rouiller....... donc tout a pourri
apart ca, le plancher est super, les tours de suspension, les rockers c'est tout A1
j'ai peut etre des projets pour cette voiture mais je ne suis pas sur encore...... le temps me dira si je veux investir dans cette auto......

projet #2

Toyota Corolla GTS 1986 liftback

ae86_side_clean2.jpg

corolla1986.jpg

quand j'ai pogné un flat
autres022.jpg

autres023.jpg

autres024.jpg

autres025.jpg

photo-f3.jpg

modifications en ce moment :
-Cusco strut tower bar
-Cusco camber plates
-PBR semi metallic front and rear pads
-brembo cross drilled rotors
-GC front coilover avec TRD green inserts. 7kg/mm springs
-TRD 7kg rear springs avec shocks tokico illumina
-Autometer air fuel gauge + water temp gauge
-Deux fan électriques de radiateur au lieu d'une fan a clutch
-Custom short shifter
-TRD 2 way LSD
-Zenki front and rear bumper avec Trueno front emblem (pu de renforts en métal)
-JDM trueno window visors
-SSR rims ($400 US)
-Zenki sprinter tail lights
-Custom cat back exhaust
-K&N air filter
-No more heater : plus léger
-No more sound deadening : plus léger

bref je me retrouve donc avec une voiture RWD d'environs 850kg et 115hp avec une suspension assez hardcore
croyez-moi que cest TRIPPANT a conduire

projets a venir : je préfere garder ca pour moi

oh and by the way, I am not a drifter, I just like the sport and i know two of my cars are often related to that sport.......

anyways
enjoy.....

mr2.jpg

MR2 85 NA
Stock for now
14x7 Riken mesh wheel gold w/ polished lip
Buddyclub front bumper
A1

trying to drift with it... I know, its wasnt made for this, but ill try too :bigup:

ok!
mon winter drifter power:
Corolla GT-S 1987 coupe cool
IMAGE0220.JPG.JPG

mon summer drifter power:
Corolla GT-S 1985 liftback 4agze(superchargedcool) ordinateur ''standalone'' Autronic.
ordi:
IMAGE0175.JPG.JPG

auto:
monae86.JPG

moteur:
mon4agze.jpg

voila.

Awesome Idea justincredible!

Wow, this turned out a lot longer than I thought. Hope its not too boring.

I bought this car way back in 2001, bone stock from an owner who took great care of it. At the time I knew nothing at all about drifting, and had no idea about the SR20DET. I wanted a RWD car because I prefered the way it handled and a Japanese car cuz my american car at the time was killing me with all the repairs.

Anyways I put wheels on it, and then did body and paint Myself it the first summer not too mention a couple frame/floor repairs, and the parked it for the winter. When I took it back out in the spring, the motor blew. I had planned for the SR swap in the futur but this was as good time as any, so I bought the motor and started the swap myself. During which I noticed the turbo was blown, so I rebuilt it myself.

I completed the swap after a fair amount of time, only to find out the first motor was blown. I got a new Long block under warranty and swapped that in record time. As if this wasn't enough so far, 2 weeks to the day later, I rear ended someone in stop and go traffic.

Discouraged, I ripped off all the damaged parts and parked it for the winter. In the spring I bought a parts car and took the rad support among other things from it and reapired my car, and she turned out better than before the accident. Not mention by now she had a custom front mount intercooler and bov.

After repairing the accident it was nearing the end of the summer. Anyways got her all back together only to fing out another 2 weeks later that the motor had developped slight rod knock. By this time I had had enough, and was starting to wonder if my SR was meant to be. So once again, I ripped out the motor and parked it for the winter. During that (last) winter I ordered a complete gasket and all bearings (Proper grade). Finally spring rolled around and I completed the rebuild, and slapped the motor back in the car, with a few more goodies. :D

So this was my first full summer with my baby and I finally know what it like to have an SR as a daily driver. I love it so much! Couldn't be happier with it now. But it was a long road to get to this point, all work done by me, except for custom fabbing the intercooler.

So, a quick mod list
RedTop SR20DET (14,000kms since rebuild)
Blacktop S13 Turbo
Stainless Steel Turbo Elbow
3" Downpipe
3" Exhaust with highflow 3" cat
Custom Short Piping FMIC
Turbo XS Recirc valve
Turbo XS Manual Boost controller
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Walbro Fuel Pump

180sx front brakes with KVR pads
Stock rear brakes with KVR pads

Energy Suspension T/C rod bushing
Front and rear strut mount bars
KYB AGX Shocks
Tokico Linear rate springs
JDM Vesta wheels, 16x7 16x8 somewhat low offset

Hella H4 lights with Piaa extreme white bulbs (what a difference)

Anyways for next season I will get an LSD, and a spare set of rear wheels, as well as any tires that will fit that I can get my hands on :laugh: Then I can get to a little more serious drifting.
wNjczMTk0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Here you can see my stealth intercooler
wNjczMTk1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjczMTg4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjczMTk3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjczMTg1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Last edited:
Clouter, your black Hachi looks pretty clean!
Erix-7, what happened to that white coupe!?!? Are you actually driving it? :laugh:
Needs a little tlc

hmmm,well if anyone cares to know...here my little contribution:

My car is ,like many of yours, in storage and i'm running my beater. My plans for the Silvia are as follows (Provided I can hook up the dinero):

Rolling Stock
New Tires for my new wheels
300ZX Brake Upgrade

Engine
Boost Controller (AVC-R or Profec-B)
FMIC
Electric Radiator fan (don't ask)
S15 Turbo upgrade (with related fuel components)

Shassis & Suspension
Fender Braces
U-Brace
Upper Strut bars (Front and Back)
NEW Subframe Bushings
NEW Suspension Bushings
New Tie-Rods, Upper & Lower arms

Interior
(2) Sparco Roadster seats
(2) 3pt. Sparco or Willans Harnesses
New Shifter (currently using a buttplug shifter)
New Nismo/Tomei/Sparco Steering wheel

Exterior
New Paint job (will be taking the car apart to do that :D)
Maybe~ new bumper to better accomodate an FMIC~ undecided

As you can prolly tell, it's going to be a long term project for me.

i bought my car in the summer of 2002. i originally planned to go with an sr20det later on the same year but due to certain situations i got myself into, a swap was no longer in my budget. i realised i would have to settle for a few basic bolt-ons and do whatever work i could do on my car myself.

the car needed some body work which i started on the same week i got the car. i also ripped the stock spoiler off and while i was at it, i shaved the third brake light on the hatch and got rid of the rear wiper. i was never too fond of the oem zenki bumper (my car is an '89) so i bought Patrik's old damaged oem chuki bumper which i repaired and installed. the sideskirts were from a friend in vancouver which i got dirt cheap.

i was able to get an apex'i intake and although it was meant for an s14, i modified the mounting bracket and slapped it on. i bought a hotshot header used and installed it with a magnaflow high flow cat and a custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust. deserately searching for the right wheels at the right price, i was able to find a used set of 15x7.5 ssr xr-x mesh wheels with a +10 offset. :bigup:

yea, i know... not much.... maybe even a piece of sh!t...

but it's MY piece of sh!t that i love... :D

240sideangle.jpg

DCP_0041.jpg

DCP_0030.jpg

can't wait til i'm done with school and start making more money... :eek:

Salut moi j'ai commencer a drifter l ete passer, j'adore sa surtout depuis que j ai ete au DriftMania!!!! Mes mod pour l'instant:
Egine:
Greedy headers
ApexI N1 dual exhaust
UR crank puley
Injen CAI
Pilot Motorsport short shifter

Suspension/brake:
Tokico shock
Eibach Pro kit spring
Whiteline adjustable sway bar(front&rear)
Trust front stru tower bar
Z32 na front brake upgraded
PBR metalmaster front pad!

Winter 2005:
Sr20det
Tanabe ProDD or tein HE coil over
17'' wheel(17x8.5+22 fr, 17x9.5+22 rr)
Nardi steering wheel
etc.
715377_1.jpg

Pour plus de pics: http://www.cardomain.com/id/s14_zenki

Kevin..

Erix-7: Jreconnais cte hood la....:)...tu va revenir a ste-croix l'ete prochain??...ca risque d'etre encore plus malade que l'ete passer....:p

well now its my turn....i've been drifting for about 2 years now and an of decent skill level i think...but here goes for my ride:

1995 240SX (sylvia S14)

95-98 Black top SR20det engine
ARC FMIC
Custom IC piping by ACSP
TURBOSMART BOV (supersonic)
kakimoto 3' full exhaust system (3' downpipe, no cat)
TEIN HE coilover suspension
Hawk HP+ carbon brakes
OS GIKEN twin plate clutch
CUSTOM ECU by ACSP
Turbosmart Manual boost controller (12psi)
autometer vac/boost and A/F ratio guages mounted on A-pillar
B&M short shift kit (used by most D1 drivers)
JDM S14 front LIP spoiler
Walbro 255LPH fuel pump unit
stuff that has been bought but not installed t'ill i take car out of storage:
GT-28RS disco potato turbine :bigup:
550 RC enginearing injectors
GREDDY profec B 2 boost controler
APEX I auto turbo timer
3 more guages
JDM kouki rear wing
Z32 maf upgrade
custom BIG ass rad with electric fan (not bought yet but i will cuz i think plastic fan looks like shit lol)

1033_7.jpg

3rd one from left...sorry for the quality...cant take new pics car is stored...but you can still see FMIC :D

Last edited:
justincredible said:
I thought that it would be cool if everyone posts pics or talk about the car they own (drift car) and describe it a bit ( list of mods done to it or that will be done by next summer dosent have to be hardcore in depth).
I don't drift. But I do lots of track events at the club level (mostly with the BMW Club of Quebec, the BMW CCA, and the PCA).

Here's a picture of my car at Mosport last September:

57AG5638.jpg

Mods are pretty basic. I brought the car up to FQ-340 specs: Buschur intake; Buschur 3" turbo-back exhaust with high-flow cat; Hallman MBC, and (critically) I had TurboTrix in NJ dyno tune the car. I've got 340 hp and 340 lbs/ft of torque. Nice improvement over stock.

Emre

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!! JUSTINCREDIBLE I :bow: to u buddy, this was a great idea!!! i wont rant about my car but heres the scoupe on both Automotion drift cars

Marco Santos AKA Marc Anthony

Car 240 sx kit car, base is a Fiero frame with Ford V6, ductaped engine mounts, Tie wraped battery and one big Fuken 15" Sub holding with JB Weld.

Haig Kanadjian AKA Haigosh

Car Ford Tempo with 240 sx frt end conversion, frt bench seat in Cow skin, Delco Performance radio and glow in the dark dices.

Mods for 2005

remove the spare for quicker acceleration.

U guys all have sweet ass rides, hope 2 see them 2005 Driftmania! :bigup:

i bought my car in the early summer of 2003, i had been searching since before the winter for a 240, and my dad told me to buy an s14, spend the extra and get a newer car, with his consent i did.
before i started thinking about a 240 i had really wanted a 300zx tt, but obvious restrictions (being only 18, the price of the car, price of insurance) stopped me. so i went with its little brother.

I have wanted to swap an sr20 since before i bought my 240, but then i learnt how much it would cost and etc. so i am still saving for that.

current mods:
aem short ram intake
apex'i n-1 style muffler
16" enkei rp02
nismo shift nob
kyb gr2 front shocks and tokiko rears

plans for this summer: use stock mags with bald tires for some dorifuto fun!!
future plans:
upgrade brakes
sr20det

here is a pic from early this summer before i got my mags
plz note, the marks on my door are just spots i missed when i waxed it half-assed
Harley-WaxedCar_005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back