capacitor info plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuTe68

i want to know, in order to put to capacitors in parallel if u have to connect the opposite legs of a capacitor(plus and minus), or if you have to connect like legs together(plus with plus, minus with minus)
and would you connect the plus of the cap to the plus wire of the speaker, and the negative to the speaker..??

Originally posted by MuTe68
i want to know, in order to put to capacitors in parallel if u have to connect the opposite legs of a capacitor(plus and minus), or if you have to connect like legs together(plus with plus, minus with minus)
and would you connect the plus of the cap to the plus wire of the speaker, and the negative to the speaker..??
hehe you lost me... this is for your 1st order HPF????

I believe it connects to the positive wire of the spear only... sorta in series!

so what your saying is that it doesn't matter which way i put the capacitors, even though they r polarized???

well, the only instructions I got to do a first order HPF were to put it inline with the positive speaker lead....

oh yeah, and there was an error in the original formula ..... here is corrected one...

The equation for the capacitor for a 1st-order high-pass filter is;

159155 / Fc / R = mC

(Fc=the desired cut-off frequency and R= the rated impedance of your speaker and C= the capacitor in microfarads).

they are supposed to be bipolar! I would say just try it out on the rear speakers first, they are the most accessible... then fade the radio all the way back and see if it worked! :D

Originally posted by MuTe68
would you connect the plus of the cap to the plus wire of the speaker, and the negative to the speaker..??

NEITHER!!!! you connect your power cap(s) to your amp(s) or an amp splitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back